lambertdavisj

Innovative Marine Nuvo 14G peninsula 

-Hardware

• AI prime HD 
  • Jebao SLW10 
  • stock return pump
  • media basket: Chemipure Blue
  • second chamber : Sera Siporax
  • last chamber : Ehiem Jager heater. Stock returnpump, black sponge block to reduce trickle noise. 

-Substrate and live rock

• 1 inch of sand bed
  • Not sure how much live rock I have, its about 3 large peices, the size of a medium sized nerf football

-LiveStock

• 1x picasso clown
  • 4x heads of blue and red acan lord
  • 6x Godzilla Yuma mushrooms
  • 1x orange and (a color I cannot see well enough to describe) Rhodactis mushroom

Hello! My name is Davis, and this is my first reef in 6 years. I tore down my last in 2014, when i was 16! It is so cool to see where all of the tech has come and grown up till now and how much the reefing community has changed since then. 

I picked up this IM Nuvo 14G from a person in a neighboring city. He was moving back from college and had no reason to have multiple tanks so he was selling this tank. i took the rocks he had, the sand, the glass box and stand for a great price, ordered a AI prime HD, and a Jebao SLW10 pump and the tank has been growing since. I have been testing my own few elements, mainly nitrates to make sure nothing crazy happens and PH, to monitor what could happen. 

I am currently doing a weekly water change at about 40% and i have found it not only keeps my nitrates down well, not that i have many, but it keeps my coral growing elements steady as well as my Ph. 

My most recent project is a arduino based dosing pump. I want to get this tank to a point where I dont need to do water changes nearly as often so, a dosing system is my next step. It is much easier for me to build stuff myself than buy it because i find it all to be more rewarding as well as more affordable to build it myself. I get free 3D prints, and coding is what i am in school for so that makes it easy on the programming side. I will be making the second chamber into a chaeto farm here soon as well, and the last chamber will become the holster for my uber redundant diy ATO with a cutoff and cut off sensor. 

Full writeups coming for all my DIY projects and all the code will be available on Github. 

Pictures very soon!! be patient! 🙂