ReefCleaners.org

Too Much Flow?

Nathans_Reef

no it should be good! i have an SW4 running on lowest setting, W2 mode in a tank that is about 35cm long and 25cm wide. When the powerhead is freshly cleaned (during water changes), the flow is pretty strong. But the corals seems to handle it. Even the mushrooms. They wave around a little but adjust within a day or so. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, paulsz said:

no it should be good! i have an SW4 running on lowest setting, W2 mode in a tank that is about 35cm long and 25cm wide. When the powerhead is freshly cleaned (during water changes), the flow is pretty strong. But the corals seems to handle it. Even the mushrooms. They wave around a little but adjust within a day or so. 

Ok great thanks

It all depends on aquascape and the corals you keep

I had the sw on the lowest setting wave mode and could not run regular mode and it pissed my corals off and even damaged a few. 

Softies and sps were fine, but my lps were not.

I used the sw in a 15g which was 24" long.

No 2 tanks are the same, what works for 1 will may not work in another

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

It all depends on aquascape and the corals you keep

I had the sw on the lowest setting wave mode and could not run regular mode and it pissed my corals off and even damaged a few. 

Softies and sps were fine, but my lps were not.

I used the sw in a 15g which was 24" long.

No 2 tanks are the same, what works for 1 will may not work in another

Did you have the wavemaker pointed at the surface?

4 hours ago, Nathans_Reef said:

Did you have the wavemaker pointed at the surface?

I tried it in many different ways, different places, didn't matter. Even had the same issue with it in my 25g and 10g.

The SW2 doesn't have that much ability to direct it and i ended up with 2 that crapped out in 3 mnths.

I replaced them with other wavemakers

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I tried it in many different ways, different places, didn't matter. Even had the same issue with it in my 25g and 10g.

The SW2 doesn't have that much ability to direct it and i ended up with 2 that crapped out in 3 mnths.

I replaced them with other wavemakers

Ok thanks