SaltCritters.com

Mystery Macro

Joevember

20201126_110302.thumb.jpg.9d476c956de3aa534e65fabc36e22183.jpg

Anyone got an idea of what this could be? I haven't added anything to my tank for a very long time, so I'm quute curious about this. It's really squishy and moves freely in the curreny, but it definitely looks like a macro. Kinda plates like a monti too.

Could be a green algae that has bleached for some reason....some have an underlying florescent red.

Red algae that are normally red are usually a deeper red, not really florescent like that appears to be in the pic.

All that said, I can't tell what that is.  😉

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well it has certainly grown in the past month. It's well on its way to becoming the biggest thing in the tank. It blows around in the flow very easily and it's kind of pretty to watch it. Think I'll keep it and cut it back when it starts touching stuff, placement of it is perfect where it attached to the rock.

20201226_190318.jpg

20201226_190310.jpg

The best match I've been able to find that looks close is halymenia floridiana.

21 minutes ago, Tired said:

It kinda looks like a red ulva. Interesting thing. Does anything seem to eat it? 

Snails and hermits seem uninterested. I can definietly see a resemblance to ulva.