SaltCritters.com

Apex switch and button boxes

HM3105

Hi all,

I put a few of these together, seemed like a fun little project. They're $50 shipped.

These boxes allow you to program your Apex to perform different actions using either the momentary push buttons or the toggle switches. For example, you could program the momentary push button to start feed mode or program the toggle switch to start maintenance mode or an emergency shut down. Programing the buttons is pretty easy but does require some knowledge of Apex programming. Before you get intimidated by the programming part, you might look around Google, YouTube or even the sub-forum for Apex right here on R2R. The programming itself for Apex is actually pretty straight forward so don't start off thinking it's too much. You can always PM me and I'll be glad to help with some basic info to get you going.

The 6 button option shown below plugs directly into the I/O port on the Apex (except Jr.), PM1, PM2, PM3, ASM etc. It uses the same port as the Breakout Box. If you already have a breakout box installed I can easily make you a box with a custom number of buttons or switches to plug into your breakout box so that you won't be stuck rewiring everything.

Custom layouts available and a few different colors (black, grey, orange, red, fluorescent green or a combination thereof).

The cords are ~6' long.

Thanks for looking!

20201123_221120.jpg

20201121_070649.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, beav9900 said:

Can you add lights?

Unfortunately I can't, it would require an additional power source or connection to the Apex and it's not something I'm comfortable with. 

• Thanks 1
On 1/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, beav9900 said:

Can you add lights?

You should be able to do this yourself.  There are numerous replaceable parts on eBay and such and they even have light up buttons with aquarium themes.  I think I even saw aquarium button sets on Etsy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Recommended Discussions