inTank Media Baskets

RFA & Clown, deathmatch?

kit-kat

Ok, I know the whole will a RFA host a clown question is like beating a dead horse.  BUT, I noticed today my clown has sting marks all over him and the last few week he's been pestering my massive RFA.  How worried should I be?  The RFA is probably at least 4" across.  My beautiful longfin (read: $$$) clown is maaaaaybe 2". 

When I saw him pestering it I was thinking to myself, "well it'll only take a sting or two for him to learn his lesson." Hmm, now he's got at least 3 or 4 sting marks.  I would not consider him particularly bright.  

Am I going to wake up to him having been turned into nem lunch pretty soon?  Should I take the nem out? My neighbor would probably take him.  

It’s very normal for stings/black marks to appear on the clownfish - it’s in the process of building up necessary immunity. 

I have had 3 different clown fish all with different markings, one had just a few and another was covered. The latter obviously scared me at first but a few days/weeks in, they were gone.

No need to do anything, let them do their thing and good luck 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll leave it be for now then.  I'd love for it to host him. We shall see.  I've never heard of a RFA hosting a clown, but maybe mine will be the first. Or he'll give up and host the power head like a regular clown.