Pod Your Reef

The Rainy Day Aquarium

On 12/5/2020 at 4:22 PM, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Autodesk is being VERY particular

Autodesk is being very particular - about taking full functionality away from hobby/ non commercial licensed versions if their software recently too... 🤨

2 minutes ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Haha yeah I'm starting to refer to my 4.1 as "my big tank" 😂

Those elevated tanks are so enticing! I am loving the quality of Lifegard Aquatics. So sleek. 

35 minutes ago, Daniel92481 said:

Those elevated tanks are so enticing!

They look really nice. I’d be more interested in @Micro-Reefs Aquariums doing a custom build to the preferred dimension. That way you don’t have to work out of someone else’s design... it’s all yours from start to finish.

Nonetheless I’m excited about @The Rainy Day Aquarium elevated Pico!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, I'm Batman said:

They look really nice. I’d be more interested in @Micro-Reefs Aquariums doing a custom build to the preferred dimension. That way you don’t have to work out of someone else’s design... it’s all yours from start to finish.

Nonetheless I’m excited about RDA’s elevated Pico!

That’s interesting. I’ll have to look into micro reefs aquariums and check them out. Sounds cool! 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Daniel92481 said:

Dude! I’m not even 100% sure I can fit my big ole’ hand in there! 😂

It’s an amazingly tiny Pico that’s for sure!! I have the IM cleaning magnet on my 4.1 and creates quite a bit of havoc. Nice thing is with a tank that small you could cut a credit card in half and use it to scrape the glass with your hands lol.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
51 minutes ago, I'm Batman said:

I’d be more interested in @Micro-Reefs Aquariums doing a custom build

Having made a lot of acrylic tanks myself (most I don't even bother posting here) I have mad respect for the quality that he produces. Not going to lie I kind of drool over his new shop space lol. Would be super neat to try out @Micro-Reefs Aquariums one day for sure!

• Like 2
The Rainy Day Aquarium
55 minutes ago, Daniel92481 said:

Dude! I’m not even 100% sure I can fit my big ole’ hand in there! 😂

I just use some butter, I've only gotten my hand stuck in the tank once so far 😂

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, PicoSavvy said:

I am really stuck with the aquascape for my 1.2 don't have any idea for it.

I love doing aquascapes. What kind of scape are you trying to do? 

• Like 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
19 minutes ago, PicoSavvy said:

I am really stuck with the aquascape for my 1.2 don't have any idea for it.

I centered my scape around the corner where the overflow is at (as it's kind of an awkward protrusion into the tank anyways and seemed most natural?). My advice would be to keep it simple and to remember with these small tanks especially, less is more; they get busy really fast haha! Other than that, ask around and tell us what you are thinking, we all would love to help.  

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 11/29/2020 at 12:52 PM, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

The product of last night. The hardscape isn't perfect, but I like it 😊

PSX_20201129_103937.thumb.jpg.51cb8a145cfd43d62582d81296bcdf10.jpg

Wow!

I am impressed!  I love picos!  That is gorgeous!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
17 hours ago, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

I am impressed!  I love picos!  That is gorgeous!

Thank you, it means a lot! Haha yeah I have a knack for tiny reef tanks 🤓

• Like 3
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
19 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Thank you, it means a lot! Haha yeah I have a knack for tiny reef tanks 🤓

I consider myself a strong advocate in the field of evaluating a clean cut pico system.  I have been in the hobby since 1990 when I picked up my first 10 gallon black background TruVu acrylic salt water aquarium.  I have been sharing all my knowledge since 2004 here on nano-reef.  If you enter my name mikeguerrero into the search engine you will get a flood of support I have given all reefers.

Your pico, is clean, sharp and draws attention.  Those are qualities that can start into the makings of a gorgeous pico to be!

For that alone, I must salute you!  Great start on this build!  P.S the picture, how it was captured shows what type of reefer you are, creative and using pristine colors to make that image explode into us wanting to see more! 

• Like 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium

@Micro-Reefs Aquariums Wow, thank you for the kind words! It really means a lot, especially coming from you! Although you, sir, are the one whom I should salute. It is people with talent such as yourself who provide quality equipment for the rest of us to enjoy. Not only that, but also help build the hobby by offering your experience and ideas to us new blokes 😁 Keep up the amazing work! 👍💯

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
The Rainy Day Aquarium

Finally got this tank wet! My efforts in trying to sqeeze a lager pump in the overflow were in vain. I'll be using just the stock return pump, although I would still like to change out the nozzle for something else. We'll see.

PSX_20210212_185855.thumb.jpg.3bad4697ee025dc121c128fbd118077d.jpg

PSX_20210212_190029.thumb.jpg.0a046260ce0bec33302a0082061b2df0.jpg

A pretty cramped overflow lol

• Like 6