inTank Media Baskets

DIY Mount for a Kessil 160we

DaveDe

I anticipate getting a Kessil LED for Christmas but is it overkill to get it for a five gallon Fluval? I thought it would be nice for coral growth plus up the road if I upgrade to a 10-12 G tank I'd be set. The bigger problem is that the mounting arm I was thinking of getting sticks out too far (or at least that's what it seems by the specs) The tank is just under 7 inches wide and the mounting arm, which attaches via clamp to the back of the tank shows it sticking out 12-15". That's a problem. So I'm thinking about attaching it via the wall (several inches further back) which should give me the room I need. I've seen a few ideas for DIY that aren't exactly what I want but they help give me some ideas. Thoughts? 

I had a similar issue with my reef bowl and the kessil gooseneck causing it to stick out too much. What i did was made a little stand for it with some metal strips and then mounted it to that. Heres a pic to give you an idea:

kessil mount.jpg