Top Shelf Aquatics

Raising Salinity

Sector001

Hello,

My salinity is low 1.020, tried slowly raising by adding salt to the R/O water in my ATO but it's only come up to 1.022 in the past few days I have a 20 gallon Waterbox Cube.

I'm going to do a water change to raise it, either 5 gallons or 10 gallons.

What should I make the salinity of the water for my water change to raise the salinity from 1.022 to 1.026? I'd rather only have to do a 5 gallon water change vs. 10 gallon

do you have any fish or corals? It's normally recommended to raise it slowly and not all at once. So if you keep adding salt to the R/O water in your ATO the way you are doing it now, it's better than just raising it through one water change .

But if you choose to proceed with the one 5 gallon water change, make the new water something like 1.035-1.036 and that should bring you up.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:10 PM, farkwar said:

Maybe that's what you meant

OP was asking what it would take to raise his 20 gallon from 1.022 to 1.026 in one shot through a 5 gallon water change. That's why i had said roughly 1.035-1.036 for the new 5 gal mix.