SaltCritters.com

Rtn on candy cane after contact. Recoverable?

tzink

In a new tank for a single polyp, that's a tough call.  Good that his mouth appears to be uninjured.

What is the tank like?  Test results for alk and po4 would be particularly interesting.  Can you post a picture that includes lighting and flow?

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, tzink said:

For anyone interested, it hung on for a while, but kept diminishing. Eventually I had to call it, it wasn’t coming back. 

If you haven't taken the skeleton out yet, throw it behind your rockwork where it's still in some light and forget about it. In a year or two, you might get a surprise. I've had two coral come back from no visible tissue.

Hi,

I had a neon Candy Can that died about 2 weeks after I got it. Or so I thought.  It was nothing but a skeleton, but I left it in the tank.  Six moths later I saw a bit of a glow coming from it when the blue lights were on.  Now it has three heads. So you never know, give it a try if you still have it.  I have attached a picture of it about 8 months after it was just a skeleton.  

candy cane.jpg

• Like 1