jefferythewind

29 High

jefferythewind

Hi, The water parameters are doing OK I think. I test Alk every day and phosphates intermittently. The phosphates stay around 0.1 with my current dosing scheme which I have been doing since the burns appeared. The rest of it does look healthy, here is a better picture. The flow is good, it is right in the middle at the top of the tank and I have 2 power heads and a filter that all kinda point toward the middle. 

I'm pretty sure this is called a purple bonsai acropora.

I have been laying off the coral foods. I just add a drop or 2 when I do a water change, but the algae has continued to grow everywhere.

5389148E-026B-422B-8901-DF9A2968B5D1_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e822908148a5ec2c35992285ed13eb52.jpeg

mcarroll
1 hour ago, jefferythewind said:

purple bonsai acropora

A beauty!!  (And now on my list!)

1 hour ago, jefferythewind said:

I have been laying off the coral foods. I just add a drop or 2 when I do a water change, but the algae has continued to grow everywhere.

It's possible that even that is too much....or it's possible that you just still need to increase pressure on the algae via your CUC.  (You continue picking out the large stuff too.)

• Like 1

jefferythewind

Yeah i think i could use a few more snails I guess. I'm not super worried about the algae since everything is doing so well. I feel that maybe a few more hermit crabs could be beneficial not so much for eating the algae but for scraping it off the rocks while they dig around. 

Here is an update on the millepora. Starting to grow pretty quickly!

683F511E-1EB5-465E-8E6C-4CCBEEB8D19A.thumb.jpeg.b9269ded148320025297fe134971a6fa.jpeg

• Like 1