Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefcleaners.org Review

ret45g8

Hi everyone!,

There isn't really a good place on the internet for us to review vendors other than on these forums, so I thought I'd share my experience in the hopes of improving others people's experiences when buying new friends for their reef tanks.

I purchased some members of a cleanup crew, chaeto, and copepods from reefcleaners.org (rc) recently. Most of it was legit.

Except the copepods arrived dead. The shipping took like 4-5 days and it is cold being November in the Northern Hemisphere and an northern state.
I contacted John over at rc and he proceeded to argue with me about whether they were alive or not after sending some pics to him.
It's a bit frustrating to spend $15 on a product, it be dead, and then have the guy start to grief you about it after.

I get that they are a small business struggling to make ends meet and can't absorb a loss on a product.
This is why I suggest buying pods especially from a larger source like Algae Barn.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope this helps you when shopping for pods. Cheers!

• 3 months later...

I ordered from them recently and wasn't very pleased with how things were packaged.

All the snails and hermit crabs I ordered were separated into different bags, but the bags had like a tbl spoon of water in them with a damp paper towel (not sure if that's the best method). A lot of the snails were tiny babies and the description when ordering doesn't say what size they'll be. 

All of my macroalgae were put in zip lock bags, which opened and leaked everywhere. 

They've got decent prices for the selection, but packaging/mailing doesn't seem to be a strong suit for them. 

I have an order for some macro algae and a couple of sexy shrimp due to be shipped out next week. He's been very friendly and helpful over email thus far, even though I changed part of my order a few times. 

I'll update when they come in.