RoyalGramma001

Trigger for 55

Leo_ian
On 11/20/2020 at 7:46 AM, RoyalGramma001 said:

Hey guys just saw replies,

I really like the Cuban hogfish and my lfs said they could be kept in a 55 for a couple years if I got a small one. Would it be bad husbandry and bad on my part to sell him when he gets to large and buy a new juvenile? If not that's fine I still like the yellow candy hogfish.

Also would this stocking list be acceptable 

1x lemon peel angel

1x watchman goby

1x tomato clownfish

1x Cuban hog (get a juvenile sell when gets to big) if that's bad husbandry I will get a yellow candy hogfish which I also like

if you get a small enough one they will out grow your tank in about 3yrs? 

12 hours ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

Also I have plans to upgrade to a 180 in 5 or so years how fast would a small juvenile blue face angle grow? At what point in that 5 years time frame should I get the blueface so it won't grow to big for the 55 while I am upgrading?

large angels like the blueface are difficult to keep unless you can find substitutes for its diet, i think it would do fine in there for about 2-3 years assuming you got one in juvi colouration which for a few reasons is practically impossible, one, it is hard to find one in baby colouration as they metamorphosise at 2inches, two small ones are hard to find, and three your other fish may bully it to death.

i have no experience of angels of any type but this is as much as i know

RoyalGramma001
6 hours ago, Leo_ian said:

if you get a small enough one they will out grow your tank in about 3yrs? 

large angels like the blueface are difficult to keep unless you can find substitutes for its diet, i think it would do fine in there for about 2-3 years assuming you got one in juvi colouration which for a few reasons is practically impossible, one, it is hard to find one in baby colouration as they metamorphosise at 2inches, two small ones are hard to find, and three your other fish may bully it to death.

i have no experience of angels of any type but this is as much as i know

Thanks I have found correct dietary supplements and I have found a juvenile coloration blue face. I will get less aggressive fish instead of the Cuban hogfish and I will upgrade when the angel gets too large.