Top Shelf Aquatics

Unexpected money spending

debbeach13

After putting up with a couple weeks of intermittent TV problems. Trying to isolate or eliminate the problem was very hard because at times it worked for hour and then didn't work for hours. Blue screen, jumping channels and input, turning the volume up to the MAX on it's own. Could not always shut it off even tried the power button on the TV. So A trip to Wal Mart and I have a new TV. As long as I was spending money I finally order a heater for the Nuvo 10 gallon. 

• Like 1

The repair man is coming tomorrow to look at the washer and dryer. Since the Nuvo needs me to build a new or modify the EVO stand it really is looking like next year for it getting wet. I have been stressed out about not getting it set up after being lucky enough to win it. Feel like I am letting everyone down but I have to be realistic about getting it going at a pace I am comfortable with I use reefing to relax. 

• Like 2
NoOneLikesADryTang

Set it up when you can, Deb. We all know that you’re an avid Nano-Reefer, and will be following along when you can get it going. Heck, it might be smart to wait until next years 365 challenge is announced. It’s only a few short months away, and maybe this tank will be within the parameters for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This hobby is basically a money pit LOL....I know what i am facing when I got into the hobby. But this is completely goes against my own personal issue I am dealing with. I hate spending money! However over the years, I am getting better at this. Spending on luxury for personal enjoyment is part of life. You only live once!

Of course you need to be moderate on the spending. I have no issue buying up stocks in a blink of eye but I have issue spending $50 more on a heater! LOL

So for me to get back into hobby after hiatus for almost 7 years is a big step! LOL

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...