Innovative Marine

3 GIVEAWAYS: Helio PTC Smart Heaters!

Innovative Marine

Years in the making so help us celebrate the launch of our newest AUQA Gadget, the Helio PTC Smart Heater. A heater designed specifically for reefs.

For this giveaway we are giving 3 Single Element Helio PTC Smart Heaters of their choice to 3 lucky participants.

How to enter? Subscribe to our mailing list and comment your tank gallon size on this thread and you will be entered to win. If you have already signed up you have already been entered.

Official Rules:

• Three entrants will win a Single Element Helio PTC Smart Heater of your choice. (up to $350 in value.)
  • Entrants must sign up for our mailing list on Innovative-Marine.com.
  • Entrant must comment on this thread what size aquarium they are going to use this on.
  • Entrants must be 18 and older to enter.
  • Entrants must reside in the contiguous (48) United States. (Excludes AK & HI).
  • Entrants must have a valid government issued ID for verification.
  • Entrants must provide full name and valid email address when entering.
  • One entry will be allowed per household.
  • Giveaway runs from Nov 12th to Nov 30th 2020.
  • The Winner will be announced here on Nano-Reef.com and contacted via DM on Nov. 30th 2020. (4pm Pacific)
  • Prizes will be shipped out end of December 2020.
  • No purchase necessary.

845570009_HelioGiveaway2.thumb.jpg.f94e58647a95e8c75dcb18d07b31b2e0.jpg

• Like 4

Sosa

Sic ! I have a 15 gallon 3 gallon sump total 18 gallons . Can definitely use a good heater no one makes a good heater lol 

kimberbee

Subscribed!!

This would be great to use in my IM  Lagoon 25!! I always worry about my heaters failing, but especially in the winter when we keep our house on the cooler side.

Saltysheep

I would use this on my 30 gal display with 15 gal sump.

aclman88

Would use on my future 40 gallon build I hope to start

OBXReef

Would work great on a new Nuvo 25 Pro that I have received today.

jcgso

Would be great for my 10 gallon Fusion 10 Pro, my wife is getting me for Christmas.

A.m.P

Huh, I just saw an ad for this, I'm sure one of the 200w titaniums in the 40 breeder could do with being swapped out.

DemonUnleashed

I’d love to try this on my 40 gallon!

jcreefer

Nice invention!  Would go great in my IM30L!

Jeff

nevets9333

Subscribed. Would use it on my 70 gallon!

I'm Batman

Subscribed! Would love one of these for my new IM20 Fusion.

Hasted

Subbed! I have a 15g that could take an upgrade. 

shaner014

Sweet! The 20G is due for a replacement heater.

mitten_reef

I could use this in the new build. 

ajackson1217

100w on the peninsula 20 would be dope

GraniteReefer

Starting a new 50g lowboy lagoon and would love a 200w.  @Innovative Marine have you tested the efficacy of the heater in bringing water up to temp vs. maintaining set temp.  Just asking as I’m curious given the chips try to regulate their temperature themselves and don’t just keep heating up like a typical heater, would it take significantly longer to heat a bucket of water up from room temp(say 65) to 78?  Also I think I read the temp accuracy as +/- 1f.  Does this mean temp will vary 1degree with the controller?  

PR_nano

This is awesome, I have a Innovative Marine Nuvo 20.

Ling313

Cool. I have a 14 gallon, planning on putting on a 3 gallon sump but not sure yet.

Innovative Marine
13 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Starting a new 50g lowboy lagoon and would love a 200w.  @Innovative Marine have you tested the efficacy of the heater in bringing water up to temp vs. maintaining set temp.  Just asking as I’m curious given the chips try to regulate their temperature themselves and don’t just keep heating up like a typical heater, would it take significantly longer to heat a bucket of water up from room temp(say 65) to 78?  Also I think I read the temp accuracy as +/- 1f.  Does this mean temp will vary 1degree with the controller?  

@GraniteReefer those all great questions. The PTC solid state ceramic (Barium Titanate) internal element is wrapped with an aluminum heat sink for fast heat dispersion. This allows the element to heat faster and more uniformly than traditional resistance wire coil heaters  typically used  in the hobby. Due to the materials used, the heater will rapidly heat until the desired temperature is reached. The greatest benefit of these heaters are superior heating, increased safety (can only Fail to Cold), and long lasting durability. The cycle point is roughly 0.5F, please see the log below on a 30L tank.

Test Tank.JPG

• Like 3

ReefGoat

I would be trying this in a 22 gallon build 20 gallon sump. 

A.m.P

I'm honestly a bit curious myself, if one of the goals is more rapidly coming up to temperature, won't this lead to more duty-cycles and reduce the lifespan of the product?
No matter the construction, common manufacturer consensus, and engineering, holds that these units will all only last a certain number of on-off cycles; it seems like part of your solution was to drastically-increase the surface area, similar to what's seen in dedicated heating-bars which require separate-controllers (awesome move in the right direction), I imagine that will also help out a great deal by distancing the temperature probe and the heating element.

Just wondering what else may have gone into the works.

Innovative Marine
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

I'm honestly a bit curious myself, if one of the goals is more rapidly coming up to temperature, won't this lead to more duty-cycles and reduce the lifespan of the product?
No matter the construction, common manufacturer consensus, and engineering, holds that these units will all only last a certain number of on-off cycles; it seems like part of your solution was to drastically-increase the surface area, similar to what's seen in dedicated heating-bars which require separate-controllers (awesome move in the right direction), I imagine that will also help out a great deal by distancing the temperature probe and the heating element.

Just wondering what else may have gone into the works.

@A.m.P The main goals of this new heating method is not just about more rapidly bringing up temperature but rather to creating uniform heating that is safer and more reliable that existing heating methods currently available. The PTC heating element not only rapidly heats but also rapidly cools if the internal operating temperatures go above the designed safe range. This is action is automatically done through the element without the necessary on/off that normally effect the controller relays. That is one of the best upsides of using PTC technology. The heater can automatically sense if the flow rate is too low, when there is build up on the exterior preventing proper heat dispersion, if it is out of water, and regulate itself to limit the current to maintain safe internal operating temperatures. This insures long life, as majority of heaters downfall is due to overheating and exposing internal temperatures near 900F. In regards to the distancing of the temperature probe and heating element, each element has its own sensor internally along with the external sensor that constantly communicates with the microprocessor simultaneously in the controller to make sure all readings are within safe parameters.

• Like 1

billpater

Using it in my 30 gallon

Tamberav

It is great to see someone addressing one of the biggest failure points in our hobby.

I would use this in my IM25g