inTank Media Baskets

Leo_ian

I have a 20 gallon cube reef with a lubbock fairy, spriger damsel and a royal gramma, I want a fish to graze on algae and a benethic fish like a shrimp goby. The tank will become an acro dominated mixed reef
A few questions. 

Do midas blennies graze?

Any experiences on pairing shrimps and gobies? I am getting a randall's or a tiger pistol shrimp.

What about dither fish? all my fish are cave dwellers. 

Any fish in a small enough size that will eat aptasia?

will a radial filefish eat aptasia?

Midas blennies are not grazing blennies.

With the fish you have in the tank, you are pretty much at capacity. Maybe a small goby or tailspot blenny otherwise you'll be overstocked on a 20. 

It sounds like the tank is at it limit, as clownfish said. Is it safe to assume you are wanting to add an algae eating blennie to control some gha and a radial firefish to control some aphasia?The algae you want to have a fish to graze on will increase as the bio load increases.Mollies can be switched over to salt water, they eat algae and act as dither fish .Blue legged hermit crabs graze on some algae. In my opinion it would be difficult to grow acros with so many fish.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Leo_ian said:

Okie

Would a radial be like truly pushing it? i have maintained 5 fishes in there with my nitrates and phosphates low

Not just about nutrient levels but the fact that fish need room and the more crowded a tank, the more stressed fish can get, more chances of disease and aggressive behaviour.

Get aptasia x, works great.

A tailspot blenny is a grazer. If gha is long- no one will eat it.

On 11/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, jambon said:

It sounds like the tank is at it limit, as clownfish said. Is it safe to assume you are wanting to add an algae eating blennie to control some gha and a radial firefish to control some aphasia?The algae you want to have a fish to graze on will increase as the bio load increases.Mollies can be switched over to salt water, they eat algae and act as dither fish .Blue legged hermit crabs graze on some algae. In my opinion it would be difficult to grow acros with so many fish.

Ok so i will be doing mollies and maybe guppies in with my banggai breeding tank to have baby guppies to feed the banggais. 

I was thinking a tailspot/bicolour/pictus blenny for algae, the radial was a thought if it could dither or at least have something more interesting to look at for my visitors. 

does anyone know if i could bring some "freshwater" gobies into salt? like knights, bumblebees....  they are bout 2 inches