ReefCleaners.org

Lasers Pico Cube 2.6g (10L)

LaserDude

Hello All!

I'm getting back into the swing of things after having a 5 year break from reef life (had a Cube 60L).

I have decided that while I'm working (setting up a laser cutting company for acrylic & wood. It would be lovely to have a nice little Pico tank. So jumped in the deep end and picked up a Dennerle Nano Cube 10L (20x20x25) it's taller than I would prefer but it has seam less front edges and is very cheap here in the UK.

image.png.af1b2305eda9eefc0f1c8d11ca71cce8.png

My goal is to have either some Zoa, acan, ricordea garden and also something a bit taller that can flow and move a bit (but not too fast growing). A fish would be nice for movement but not 100 needed. A shrimp on the other hand would be epic for pests 😄

I have also ordered a NICREW 30W Marine LED light and Dual Channel Controller for a nice simple lighting solution. I suspect I will have to turn it down quite a bit for the size of the tank.

image.png.ea77c6b3596ee14198ae3c48c918901a.png

spacer.pngimage.png.2975419929bd58b79fea97f577563fd4.png

image.png

So my big issue at the moment is working out what to do for filtration.... Do I go HOB with an Aquaclear 50 (just fits....) or using my laser cutter make myself a custom AIO solution to fit into the back of the tank reducing the display area even more. The good think about this custom AIO is I can design it to fit everything just as i want although the HOB would give me a little extra water in the tank. If i went the Aquaclear 50 I would laser cut a baffle and wier  so that the pickup would pull from it (this would also allow me to drill the bottom and install a sump in the future if i ever wanted). I'm just a bit torn as would want to fit a ATO in this tank somewhere even a drinks bottle one would do.

I also need to work out what size heater to either fit in the AIO or the HOB, as well as what size return to fit if going AIO.

Anyhow will keep you all updated!

• Like 3

Ohh cool idea about the Hydro Ripple.

100% going for HOB as thinking about it if i install a AIO i will lose 25% of my tank and its tiny to start with 😄

Another question is there any specific salt that's better for Picos with mainly zoas and acans?