Cultivated Reef

EZHydrolite PC screw-in bulbs?

babyblues71

EZHydrolite PC screw-in bulbs?

Has anyone seen these?

http://www.ezhydrokit.com/product_i...&products_id=43

They also have other wattages listed on their web pages. Now, are they "true" 6500K, or just those triphosphor pieces of crap that make the bulbs "look" blue? I'd love to know if anyone has tested the color spectrum out on one of these babies. If so, these things would be ideal for nano-reefers. They even carry a 65 watt one and, if you had a mogul socket, a 125 watter! If anyone has tried these or tested them with a colormeter (Or whatever they're called) I'd love to hear about it...

Brent

Curly Cues are the most efficient way to light a tank. At $14 for 30 watts i bett you would be better off using the Coralife Screw In's, like $9.99 for 20 watt and is a 50/50 day/actinic bulb. My .02

edit: just looked at teh 125 watt, looked promisig to start but is 50/50 65k and 27k. The 27k is totally no good, will make your tank an algae factory. And for $84 for the whole kit you could get a nice PC setup with the right bulbs.

No---for the 125 it looks like they have a choice of 3 bulbs. 1. 6,500K. 2. 2,700K, or 3. 50/50 of a 2,700K and a 6,500K. So, for reef purposes, as long as the spectrum was a "true" 6,500K only #1 would work with a reef tank. One would still probably have to somehow supplement it with actinics. But MAN that would be a lot of light. I have some 36 watt PCs in some regular fixtures (And are still exceptionally bright) that put out "as much light" as a 100 watt bulb, so if we go by math doesn't that mean a true 125 watt PC would put out as much light as, say, a 350 watt bulb? That's close to the intensity of a MH 400 and probably a HECK of a lot cooler because PC's are made that way, and only for 50 bucks. Sounds like a deal to me. Overkill for my tiny little tank, but if I kept it high enough it might be okay.

Brent

Archived