inTank Media Baskets

Another Fish?

artschwartz

I have a 12 g Nano cube. I put a yellow tail damsel and a domino damsel in it about two weeks ago. The domino damsel lasted only four days.

I would like to replace it with another fish so I have two. However, store person said I should just keep the one because it had already established dominance in the tank and would harass the new fish.

Is he right?

12 g Nanocube,

75 w Ebo Jager heater

Green Star polyp coral

Another soft coral (Some finger coral or? it its white and can expand to two-three times its retracted size)

Feather Duster

4 turbo snails

1 yellow tail damsel

1 spiny brittle star (a hitchhiker, probably came with the live rock)

Orchid dottyback would do if the damsel is not too big and the dottyback is not so small. I have success with that combination and introduction sequence.

OK. That domino will beat the hell out of most any fish that you add to your tank. If you want to add another fish and keep the domino, you need to stress the fish Buy the fish that you want to add and put it in a bucket of tank water(add a small heater to keep the temp.), catch the domino and put it in the bucket with the new fish and let them sit for 10-15 min.. Next, add the new fish to the tank, wait 10-15 min., then add the domino.

If it were my tank, I would keep the domino alone or trade it to my lfs and get one clown and a small goby.

It was the domino that died. (I don't know why)

The only fish I have now is a yellow tail damsel. I want to add another.

Thanks all for your advice!

It was the domino that died. (I don't know why)

The only fish I have now is a yellow tail damsel. I want to add another.

Thanks all for your advice!

In a 15g tank, I have a clownfish first, then I purposedly bought a yellow-tail damel (I like its blue and yellow color). Then I bought the orchid dottyback. They all work out great for almost 3 months now.

Archived