Pod Your Reef

Fungia Plate or Lobophyllia brain coral?

antigonus

I'm going to get a few pieces of LPS corals to finish my coral stocking plan, I know I want Candy Cane, but I'm still torn between short tentacled Fungia or Loboplyllia brain. What do people here prefer and why? Obviously I'm doing my own research I just wanted to get some other opinions. 

Fungia can move around on the sand bed and often damage other corals they contact with their mucus...

Lobos stay put, but can destroy other corals some distance away with their mesenterial filaments...

Pick your poison  😊

1 hour ago, Nano sapiens said:

Fungia can move around on the sand bed and often damage other corals they contact with their mucus...

Lobos stay put, but can destroy other corals some distance away with their mesenterial filaments...

Pick your poison  😊

Yeah, I have read that they both can be aggressive, I'm leaning toward Lobophyllia because they can't move. 

I love my plate. It's never moved or damaged anything.

I have a logo too that's beautiful

Most corals have "something" to watch for be it stinging, over growing others, moving. 

7 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Both are great, plates are one of my favorite corals though and 100% favorite sandbed coral

Thanks, if feel sure there's room enough on the sandbed I'll probably give it a shot. 

45 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I love my plate. It's never moved or damaged anything.

I have a logo too that's beautiful

Most corals have "something" to watch for be it stinging, over growing others, moving. 

That's very true, I might be able to get both eventually if I can make sure I have proper space.