inTank Media Baskets

Not aiptasia, right?

IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut

Really don't want to pull this frag.. It doesn't have the singular tentacles that I associate aiptasia with. I've also seen it 'pulsing'.. so really hoping feather duster?
(left base of first zoa)

IMG_6169.thumb.JPG.33ba2003384a16609ba328c2b37519bb.JPG

Definitely not aiptasia. It could possibly be hydroids, but if it is, you'll know in a few weeks since you'll see a few more sprout up - most likely just a spirorbid as Granite mentioned. If it is hydroids, it's mot overly concerning and they don't spread crazy fast like other things. I actually have a decent colony with about 100ish hydroids that are fluorescent green that I've had for 5 or 6 years and actively feed since they are pretty and don't both my acros too much.

4 minutes ago, jservedio said:

Definitely not aiptasia. It could possibly be hydroids, but if it is, you'll know in a few weeks since you'll see a few more sprout up - most likely just a spirorbid as Granite mentioned. If it is hydroids, it's mot overly concerning and they don't spread crazy fast like other things. I actually have a decent colony with about 100ish hydroids that are fluorescent green that I've had for 5 or 6 years and actively feed since they are pretty and don't both my acros too much.

phew. Thank you! Would it be worth just plucking off the next time I'm in there or just let it be?