Innovative Marine Aquariums

farkwar Red Sea Nano Reefer

farkwar

On 11/15/2020 at 8:11 PM, farkwar said:

Well, the Ecotech XR15 advance replacement

Came in yesterday

And was bad out of box

The fan doesn't turn on, and when it is supposed to, an internal circuit breaker trips and turns the light off entirely

I'm getting tired of this @#$%!

I should probably just send it all back.  And get a Mitras instead

Well that’s friggin upsetting. 

• Like 1

So in an email chain I was CCd in

Rep at Ecotech tells rep at Marine Depot

Not to accept the original defective XR15 and mount from me

It's all going back. F'ers.

14 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Well that’s friggin upsetting. 

Tell me about it

No water change or dosing yesterday. Too tired.

5 gallon change today

Tank is looking good

Need to box up the XR15s today and get those out.

No shipping notice on the live rock bought on Sunday. I wanted next day air, Dan wanted to send to airport. Don't think so. So its probably on a truck in Georgia today

• Like 1
On 11/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, farkwar said:

So in an email chain I was CCd in

Rep at Ecotech tells rep at Marine Depot

Not to accept the original defective XR15 and mount from me

Are they going to give you a refund Or a credit? I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

• Like 1

Either or,

Don't care at this point

Was thinking of putting a GHL or Compact Orphek over the 170 instead.

But I fired up the Vertex Illumina, to test, and aside from heatsink sticking over the edges an inch.  It looks fine.  I thought it was always too white, not if you turn the whites off it's not

20201119_140856.jpg

This one has 3 multi color modules.  I have a second one without.  The one without may end up on this tank(170 is upgrade from zoa Nano Reefer). 200XL will be the acro and SPS quarantine tank, and will probably get this light.

Going to mount higher than these are designed for. The Orphek light mounts look nice, but I am concerned with the weight of these Vertex lights riding on the rim of the glass.  I can also go with 8020 aluminum bolted to the stand, at a fraction the cost.

Long term, if I keep these Vertexes, I may get them powder coated white to match.  Maybe.

• Like 2

Big feeding

5g WC

Dosed

Almost forgot, adult stomatella observed with tiny shell last night before lights out.  Hitchhiker.

And I am pretty sure I observed the remains of the large 'striped' hermit crap this morning.  I did not think he was long of this world due to lack of algae and dead stuff in tank to eat(too much body mass)

5 gallon water change

2 tablespoons new GFO

Dosed

Large striped hermit is still alive.  Must have been something else, a lot of mass.  He still is looking low energy.  Target feed

I am going to target feed a clean up crew animal(insane)

• Like 2

Cracked a green egg

0.23 ppm popped out

Ca 442

SiO2 HI

DKh, meter bad. Or now that the new meters read in DKH instead of ppm, very possibly different reagent

No water change on Friday

10g water change on Saturday, dosed

5g today, dosed, restarted dosing Vibrant(5 drops) because I started getting chrysophytes growing on coral again. I had stopped dosing on November 21, due to concerns that it is Algafix algicide(see Seabass thread). No CUC I have is going to get it off gorgonians. Kind of don't care ATM, because it was working.

Ordered another 17lb Nano Pack from Gulf Live Rock.  I just don't think there is enough from single order to do rockscape the way I want

Beginning to feel time pressure on getting the 170 set up due to frag growth. Chalices, micros, and echinatas are bumping into each other due to snails moving them. They have grown in size, and are now killing each other.

Zoas in lower frag rack are reaching, they need more light, obviously

Flushing the bucket of curing live rock each day with 5 or 10 gallon of tank waste water daily. Still smells like a cesspool each morning(not cured). I need to set up a light and pump in the bucket

Not happy with the Tunze 3181. Chaeto moves to the top of cylinder and stops spinning. Defeating the design and purpose.  Still growing, just dark green and filled with mulm

Gotta hand it to the tech overlords at GoggleYouTub. They built an AI, when I check out reviews of ATI Straton or Tunze 3181 from Spanish or Italian Reef YouTubers-— it gives me Italian and Spanish videos in my home feed.  And these guys are running your elections now. Great job.

I got half a mind to just forego the Red Sea XL200 and the idea of a QT system for the acros and hard corals going into the Elos. Would save a lot of money for corals. I haven't got any pests from WWC or Cornbred, beginning to doubt I would get any AEFW or nudis from either of them.

I have the 8020 aluminum for the stand now.  I should just set it up. ATI Stratons are not available currently.  Wish I didn't have such bad luck with the XR15s, 3 XR30s would be perfect over the tank.

• Like 1

No water change yesterday, or Tuesday.  Too tired

My Gulf Live Rock came in today(instead of Monday like last time).  No poop smell this time, looks very very nice for domestic Rock. Slight Sulphur smell.

10 gallon water change.  Mostly as rinse of the live rock.

Dosed, continuing with 5 drops of Vibrant

No powder food today

Have more than enough Rock for aquascaping the Red Sea 170 now

Pulled Vertex 130 out of storage

Set up RS 170 sort of

Discovered time date battery in Illumina is toast

10 gallon water change on Nano

Dirty water went into RS170

Took live rock from bucket and put in 170, under lights. Worried about coralline die off in bucket

Did not dose today

• Like 2