Innovative Marine Aquariums

farkwar Red Sea Nano Reefer

farkwar

Well,

I was forced to reset my Ecotech XR15 Blue several times to fix the connectivity issue with Mobius. Standard Time Change messed up my lighting schedule

Contacted Marinedepot.com to get an exchange on my Ecotech XR15

It's less than 1 month old

They say to get with Ecotech for warranty issues

That's 3 Ecotech XR30s that will NOT be going over my Elos 120

Going to use the default AB schedule for now

The ATI Straton looks very nice right now.  Definitely would only need 2 units.  Savings and good lines.  Lots of red diodes, though.  Buttload of UV, which I like

Screenshot_20201102-104459_Firefox.jpg

• Like 2

10 gallon water change today

Made up a bunch of 775 gm bags of salt

Tank is looking good

Ricordeas don't like me.  Got 3 from WWC last week.  Maybe too much light

Skimmer has stopped producing since I put the Tunze 3181 in.  Just tiny algae on glass

Going to feed heavy today.  Might perk up the rics. Hopefully

Ordered 11 frags from Tidal Gardens, mostly from their Halloween live sale.  I wanted a gorgonian, Amber Fan.  Want a purple one still.  They will be here Wednesday

• Like 1

5 gallon water change

Tidal Gardens frags came in

Dipped, no pests

Added to tank

Chaeto had doubled in size since I started it. Its dark, not light green.  Took out most of it, remaining is spinning as intended now.

GHL Mini wifi due to come in on Tuesday

Red Sea 170 due tomorrow

In email exchange with Ecotech about XR15.  Their troubleshooting instructions have not been helpful.  Most likely will not put XR30s over Elos 120, most likely ATI Straton.  Royal Exclusive has one of their Dreamboxes on their site, for a price that's too good to believe, email sent for inquiry, no answer as of now.

Premiumaquatics.com is still working on the XL200 for SPS grow out quarantine tank

Got into a text tiff with Cornbred over a stupid shipping overcharge. I guess he either definitely needs the $40 he overcharged, more than I do. Or has so many customers that he doesn't need my money.  The Elos 120XL is going to take a lot of acro frags to fill, not from him.  Deleted him from my saved sellers. I wonder if you can block someone on eBay.  One of his two digis, fire something, he sent me, fell off plug due to flow, frag is under a rock now.  Probably can't get to it until tank transfer.  Will not give bad reviews, due to the fact that he would just troll me back with bad reviews. Miami Vice Coral Chad can suck it.

I have 2 WWC frags with baby aptasia on them,  now. Not too worried, most of the stuff in the tank is tolerant of their stings.  And I know how to kill them, still want Mojano Wand just for fun

One of my CUC has eaten the skirt of one of my zoas. I remember the shell of the perp, but there are snails and hermit crabs in that type of shell.  Maybe feeding them to the neighbor cats

Need to be more vigilant and find the offender. No signs of nudis.  White spots on stalk, too small for zoa pox

I assumed they would be safe due to paly toxin.  Guess not. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, farkwar said:

Tidal Gardens frags came in

How do you like them? They are close by to me (within a hour drive) and was thinking of buying from them. Seem to have some nice pieces.

• Like 1

I have two Ricordeas and not sure how to feed them or if you do. I may ask @Matteo as he has a really nice big and juicy one in his DT.

Mine are small, but open up and doing okay.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

How do you like them? They are close by to me (within a hour drive) and was thinking of buying from them. Seem to have some nice pieces.

Huge

I have gotten use to the tiny little 3/4" frag plug one polyp zoa Florida sellers

The Meteor Shower Cephastrea is on a full size plug and grown off the edges completely

Same with the Blue Pavona.  Its a beginner coral, I know.  But I need more blue.  And I have a suspicion it's related to or is a leptoseris.  It too is growing off the full size plug.

The zoa are all multi polyp frags, one is like 10 polyps

Very fair vendor, nice animals. Than is always talking about the pests in his tanks..  but his stuff has always been clean for me..  not even a fish turd comes off during the dip bath

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

I have two Ricordeas and not sure how to feed them or if you do. I may ask @Matteo as he has a really nice big and juicy one in his DT.

I don't really feed them anything 🙈 just let reef roids and such do their thing in the current 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

I definitely feed everything that takes food.

Rics are meateaters. They are still shriveled up.  Two of three ate a lot the other day. The hungry 2 are fuller today than the picky one

Mysis, brine shrimp, Reef Roids, Reef Chili, Zooplan.

I need to stop feeding the Phytoplan. I suspect it turns right into algae, rather than feeds anything I have

I use this for target feeding(most goes into current tho)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXG63TT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_k4XOFbSK610V1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot_20201104-133458_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1

Buried hatchet with cornbred

Space invader pectinia

Ultimate space invader pectinia

Incoming

Stupid to boycott him over a miscommunication

He has some of the best corals in the country

• Like 1

Ecotech is sending out an advanced replacement for the XR15

Purple and green pectinia arrived this morning from Florida

20201106_134840.jpg

20201106_134850.jpg

5 gallon water change.

Red Sea 170 delivery yesterday delayed until today

20201106_140128.jpg

• Like 3

Cross posted to Seabass'  Vibrant thread

Microscope hasn't come in yet

Doing some reading on reef boards on chrysophates

1) They are freshwater normally

2) Those in reef tanks don't have flagella

3) Vibrant seems to be effective in killing it

4) Seems to be associated with dry rock reef tanks, some say the dry rock contains silica

5) Silica based, and a 24 hour exposure to GFO removes a lot of silica from the tank

6) Obviously have chlorophyll (which kind?)

7) Reefers report that it doesn't harm coral. It certainly is a problem for zoanthids in my zoa tank.

8 ) H2O2 does not have much of an effect on it

Regarding the dry rock. I have never had a reef tank not develop coralline algae on the rocks. My Nano is dry rock based.  And over a year(started summer '19), there are still no signs of coralline algae growing on the rocks. Some on the glass. 

I am moving the Nano over to an RS 170.  Plan was to just move all the rock and animals over.  This info puts a hold on that. The chrysophates,  if that's what they are, are going to be moved over, it is on the animals. But makes me want to get some of the Florida Live Rock as base, and just nuke all the hitchhikers in a hypertonic (SG 1.040) salt water per KP Aquatics suggestion.  And toss all the dry rock in the trash

I'm even hesitant of using the man made rock like Real Reef.  And I can't find enough dry coral skeleton to make an aquascape in the 170.

Notes:

Snails, chiton, hermit crabs eat it with relish

Which don't eat diatoms

Chrysophytes are photosynthetic, and prefer white and red light

Constructed with silica, like diatoms

Have flagella and cilia like dinos

Heavy feed yesterday

3 cubes

1 scoop Reef Chili

1 scoop ZoPlan

1 scoop Phytoplan, I know I said stop

2 scoops Reef Roids

No algae on glass,, light was off from 5pm

Had about 3 large table spoons of GFO in the return chamber

Pulled it out, tossed. Replaced with 3 more, run for 24 hours

Did a 12.5 gallon water change

Dose Zeo, amino, etc

Full tank shot

Under whites.  I hate frag racks in tanks, can you tell?

Rock is not really really green, brown mostly.  Except where chiton has been, then it's white.

PSX_20201108_094900.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, farkwar said:

Full tank shot

Under whites.  I hate frag racks in tanks, can you tell?

Rock is not really really green, brown mostly.  Except where chiton has been, then it's white.

PSX_20201108_094900.jpg

Sht load of frags.. 

• Haha 1