Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pico plumbing ideas - clean and easy way to connect 4 tanks

andrewkw

I just picked up 4 two gallon 8x8x8 cubes. I would like to plumb all 4 together to share a common sump. Other than drilling a half inch drain and perhaps an over the top return with a manifold anyone have other ideas? I am reluctant to drill 2 holes in these cheap tanks since they may break but doing a return below the water line certainly would be cleaner. Any smaller options then 1/2 bulkheads? Anyone have a similar setup with pictures?

You may be better off drilling 2 tanks on the back one for drain one for return,then drilling the tanks again on the sides and connecting them or drilling the 2 end tanks on the sides and drilling the holes to connect them on the back to keep things cleaner. 

I would use ball valves and unions between each tank incase something happens and you need to do maintenance on one of them you can break it free or at least shut the flow off. True union ball valves,and check valves would be ideal as a safety precaution.  

• 3 months later...