ReefCleaners.org

Doubling Tank Size - 13.5 to a IM Nuvo Fusion 25

Blklexus74

Moved everything over from my Fluval Evo 13.5 to my new IM Nuvo Fusion 25.  

A pic here, then will add more info.

CA669BF2-6036-4756-9B1A-AFD1130A5B7F.jpeg

3BD53205-012E-42D2-99EF-E955624897E9.jpeg

Edited by Blklexus74
Add pics
  • Like 2

IM must love the EVO 13.5, I can't count the number of people (including me) that have made the same move. 

Did you add more live rock? I think I finally arrived at a good amount of live rock, added a couple of pieces after curing them in a bucket just this week.  

5 hours ago, Garf said:

IM must love the EVO 13.5, I can't count the number of people (including me) that have made the same move. 

Did you add more live rock? I think I finally arrived at a good amount of live rock, added a couple of pieces after curing them in a bucket just this week.  

Yeah, makes you think they should come out with something larger and a nicer finish.

So far, I have not added more liverock, will probably add 6-8 more pounds, if that.  I like more of the low light coral, so really prefer the lower real estate.  Moved everything over from my Fluval except for the sand.  Nitrates are around 10, which I like, all paramaters are perfect (knock on wood).

Ordered the tank directly from IM.  Everyone on the phone was great.  Packaging was great.  Shipping was FAST.  Had the tank a couple of weeks while I got caught up on other stuff...  and building a stand.

Stand was easy breezy, but my ocd slowed me up.  The slight irregularities of my stand (3/4 inch plywood) bothered me.  So, I added a pad.  Called IM and they said they do not recommend any thicker that what is on the tank.  So, the perfectionist I am...  Had some granite cut for it.

As it sits, the stand is open, I will be organizing the equipment and wires soon.   As well as adding doors to cover it all up.  

A81C3AED-53B9-4B05-9A3C-D32BD66E1D01.jpeg

3C6A4714-9761-4EA2-A769-EDD09C7AB133.jpeg

4A65327F-CF40-42A9-9110-9FBB8B123DAF.jpeg

My Evo Fusion 13.5 was pretty well modded.  I brought all over all the media that was in the back area, all the live rock, corals, critters, etc...  Pretty much everything but the sand. I did two new bags of CaribSea and added one handful of the old sand to the top.  My thoughts on this is maybe it'll help "seed" the new sand.  I did this all over 3 days.  The two clowns and the two largest live rocks on day one (with a few zoas to watch how they do), and all the rest on day three.

No issues what so ever I'm proud to say.

So far my equipment list is:

AI Prime HD 16- should be plenty, I love the low light Acans, Echinatas, and Chalices

Aquamai KPS

(2) RFG

NeoTherm 100

Thought I was going to add my DCS-1200, but surprisingly I like the stock unit.  At first, even on 1 it was too much flow.  Traded to the RFG's, which in my opinion lower the pressure/disperse pressure, which settles the flow.  Now I am around 1.2 - 1.3 and it is still less violent motion that the stock outlets at 1.1.  Need to start playing with the interval settings however, any thoughts on the interval settings?

For once,  I feel like flow is about right..  And only took about a week to get it set.  No pics at the moment, next time my green Trachy is inflated I'll post a video.

I have the XPAqua Ultimate, I like it a lot. I have had to replace the pump once tho, but I can pretty much chalk that up to me letting it run dry as I neglected to fill my 1gallon ATO reservoir for a couple days. The piece of mind to have a separate high level shutoff is worth the added cost.  

• Like 1