Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dusty tank

Hagwood

Hey everyone, so a few weeks back I bought a 24gal Lifegard Aquatics nano tank, set it up with live sand, live rock and water. Got my two clowns in there, a tiger conch and a cleaner shrimp and they are all doing amazing.

My issue is the water in the tank is so dusty looking! It can’t be sand still settling because it’s been weeks now. The lifegard tank came with a big block of blue foam in the chamber right before the pump, and then I added some large pieces of filter floss as well yesterday to see if that helps it. No luck!

i can’t seem to see any “particles” in the back chambers like I do in the tank and the filter floss isn’t getting dirty yet. Any ideas?

I read somewhere that if you get a stronger pump that it may cause micro bubbles, which I did get a stronger/more quiet but I don’t think they are bubbles.

Any help would be appreciated!!289EAA44-6B25-480B-97DB-C26688D293DB.thumb.jpeg.b8752ff5312bf013e1d700cdc85bdcfe.jpeg

5087E7FF-6C97-4ECC-BE91-6617CC3FE338.jpeg

E856BEE1-A7D7-4F4B-891E-8E6B01D2B654.jpeg

I'm not sure.  It could be a mild bacterial bloom.  If that's the case, it should clear up on its own in a few days.  Some people choose to add a water clarifier to help your filtration remove the cloudiness (this will speed the process, but shouldn't be necessary).

I take it that you are monitoring ammonia levels.  Being a new tank with livestock, there is at least a potential for an ammonia spike (ammonia levels should always be undetectable whenever livestock is in the tank).

• Like 2