aviator300

WHAT HAPPENED TO DAVE??

aviator300

Since 2014, I have purchased many lights from Dave at Nano Box and loved all of them. I have been out of the hobby for the last year or so but am now getting back in. I logged onto Nanoreef forum today and was sad to read that Dave was out of business and not making lights any longer. Is there anyone out there that can update me on what happened. If someone out there is n the know is only comfortable doing a personal message with me then please reply either way.           DAVE. If your out there, SAY IT AINT SO.  Forrest

Clown79

Apparently he is taking a break from light making and moving on to other projects.

mitten_reef

I'm sorry he's out of business, but does the 'why' really matter?  If he wanted to share publicly, I imagine he'd have done so when he left.  absolutely don't mean to be snarky, but there isn't a better way to phrase it.

I'm sure there are used nanobox units out there in the wild, you can try a WTB posting on marketplace.  keep in mind that you'll likely have trouble getting support and services when the unit runs into any issues.  

Good luck and welcome back.

• Like 3

Tamberav

Don't know for sure but getting bluefish controllers was an issue. Even now, if you go try and buy a bluefish mini it is listed as out of stock or backordered. 

farkwar

Legend!

But I get it