Pod Your Reef

Nano Heater to fit in HOB filter

Nathans_Reef

Hi everybody, I have a 30cm cube aquarium that I am going to set up as a reef, I know a lot of people will say that a 6 Gallon tank is way to small, but I have experimented with a thew different marine aquariums now and I have done a lot of research and I feel I am now ready to set up a tank of that size. I have a hang on the back filter that I am going to use as my filtration and to create sufficient water movement and I had planned to get a small heater for the tank that would be able to fit inside the filter itself, however after reseaving the filter I realised that it was about 1cm too small to fit the heater I had planned on getting. ☹️ Does anyone have any reliable heater suggestions (The heater needs to be under 15cm in height)

the heater also needs to be able to heat around 5-6 gallons of water. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I used one of these in my HOB for my 5 Gallon Cube

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SuperFish-Nano-Heater-Length-0-30L/dp/B0050BY5BY/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=nano+heater&qid=1602838875&sr=8-25

It doesn't sit vertically in the HOB but managed to get it in at an angle

I have heard good things about these, but not used myself

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MQFORU-Aquarium-25-200W-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B07Z7SQWBX/ref=sr_1_39?dchild=1&keywords=nano+heater&qid=1602838875&sr=8-39

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used the Aqueon 25w heater in my 2g pico and it fit into the back of that, so it should fit into any HOB filter. Keep in mind it's a "preset" so you might consider running it on a controller like an Inkbird. It was able to keep my 2g 76-78 degrees for almost 3 years even though the office got down to 65 F at night. If your house stays around 70 degrees, you might be fine with a 25w in a 6g tank, especially with the heat from a powerhead and the HOB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1