SaltCritters.com

Hydra 26 settings. My son wants the coral to pop! 😛

waldoz

Ok so we have been running this setting since we have had the tank up.  The light is 12" above water line the coral seem to like it.  My son has been asking to change the settings but not drastic just enough to make the colors pop on frog spawn, utter chaos, neon green stars polyps, spider flakes and nuclear green paly.

Here are  the current settings.

Screenshot_20201008-202253.thumb.png.a527cf341eeb8302e70d292d53bd702b.png

These are supposed to be close to Razor settings. I like it but I want to let him have a turn.😁   Up for some suggestions and minor tweaks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:47 AM, waldoz said:

Probably should read up on the " what these led colors do" again.

Or just not mess with the colors since it's apparently working as-is.  (Just on your word...pending tank pic.)

But definitely dig into lighting subject if it's of interest.  I've saved a bunch of great journal articles on the topic of Light on my blog and would recommend looking them over.  They are all interesting, but some, like "Flicker Light Effects on Photosynthesis of Symbiotic Algae in the Reef-Building Coral Acropora digitifera (Cnidaria: Anthozoa: Scleractinia)." are downright amazing.  Check em out!

Just on the side check out these articles (which I actually wrote) on a few of the hobby's conspicuous BS terms, such as "pop". The article on "full spectrum" might be my favorite just because of the new info in it.  Mostly they were just written for fun.  😉

I dropped the whites down from 19 to 10 but can not figure out how to save the settings. LOL  Lights are out on the tank will try to post a tank shot tomorrow.  Will check out those articles  you posted. Thanks!

• Like 1

Depending on the tank size the UV & V don't need to be higher than the royals. Those 2 spectrums can provide a lot of par. 

I would if anything put the UV/V at the same as the Royal's if about 10-15 point values less than the Royal's. 

I would do:

RB-85%

UV-70%

V-70%

B-50%

G-5%

R-5%

CW-10%

ML-25%

Over my 10" cube with only Z's & P's,I have a Prime 16HD 10am-9pm 1hr ramp time at:

RB-55%

UV-50%

V-50%

B-10%

G-3%

R-3%

CW-5%

ML-50%