ReefCleaners.org

Coolbreeze

Current Hardware

Display:    Waterbox Marine X 110.4 - 47.2"×19.7"×21.7"

Stand:       Waterbox PW4820 White

Lights:      Aquatic Life Dimmable T5 lights with 3 Kessil A360W lights.

2x - ATI Blue Plus on inside channel

2x - ATI Coral Actinic on outside channel

Sump:       Trigger Systems Platinum 26

Skimmer: Hydor E-SK 600 DC controllable 

Pump:       Neptune Systems Core-15

ATO:          Neptune Systems ATK

Heater:     Finnex 300w (x2) connected to Inkbird ITC 308 controller

Rock:        Caribsea Liferock Reeftree (x2)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

History

After losing everything in my DSA 105 I have been dreaming of getting another large tank. After saving for years and creating an Aquarium budget I have finally made my decision and placed my order.

After going through many DT I was going to pull the tripper on a Waterbox Clear 4820 with white cabinet. The day before buying Waterbox made an announcement of some new models coming out and here is where I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the Marine X 110.4. This model is 4-foot-long x 20.6 inches deep with a height of 21 inches for a total volume of 79.6 gallons which fits into my current space and weight requirements. Below is the pictures of today’s delivery. I have received most of my equipment already, but I do need some things here and there.

906E2DD6-6289-4B65-8F3D-2CBE5169B56D_1_105_c.jpeg

861784B0-F19A-4109-BEC0-C7898D47FDBF_1_105_c.jpeg

2D866D85-4B10-4E41-9A77-44ED78660572_1_105_c.jpeg

78DBDDBE-7285-4A2C-8638-C25976F2488E_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 3

Well X-MAS came early this year. At least one thing this year was good. 😀 I still have a few small things that will need to be purchased, but I cannot buy them just yet as I do not know what I may or may not need.

Lights, sump, bulbs, Controller board, rock, sand, Apex modules, skimmer, heaters, etc. I think Ryan's 360 DT is being paid for just by my orders 😀

954559F6-A3E1-4D92-86C9-0B232B9EBDAC_1_105_c.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I completed building the stand and put the DT on it. I also put in the sump and Innovative Marine AUQA GADGET 5 GALLON HYDROFILL RESERVOIR for now. Neither of them will be permanent. I have also patch the wall, removed closet door and electrical plates getting ready to put a new coat of paint on it. Here are some pics.

One thing that I would like to mention is that the stand came with no blemishes on it and it looks to be solid and I was able to build it in just under 45 minutes. This includes unboxing and assembly.

65FB3712-1EC9-466D-A6CC-F2DEE6BB91F4_1_105_c.jpeg

7725E880-7A81-4FAD-BD0F-0A204DC673F4_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

Okay I was playing with the Aquatic Life dimmable T5 lighting and I did not like how the current light hanger is working. Putting alot of pressure on the glass so I just ordered a new hanger system from Aquatic Life in white and this on will mount to the stand and should give more stable support. They should arrive by Wednesday and after I install them I will update DT pictures. I will also have the 3 Kessils mounted on it as well.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

Okay I was playing with the Aquatic Life dimmable T5 lighting and I did not like how the current light hanger is working. Putting alot of pressure on the glass so I just ordered a new hanger system from Aquatic Life in white and this on will mount to the stand and should give more stable support. They should arrive by Wednesday and after I install them I will update DT pictures. I will also have the 3 Kessils mounted on it as well.

So 3 kessil inside the aquatic life hybrid? That’d be very nice for that size tank!!

glad you tested the tank mount supports, even tho they look nice, they do look a little bit questionable.  

• Like 1
On 10/22/2020 at 8:29 PM, mitten_reef said:

So 3 kessil inside the aquatic life hybrid? That’d be very nice for that size tank!!

glad you tested the tank mount supports, even tho they look nice, they do look a little bit questionable.  

After putting on the first light it was bending at least 1/4" forward. I think these mounts were made for much lighter loads, like a single XR15.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, TheKleinReef said:

This makes me wish I went with a white stand... -____-

What stand did you go with? I was thinking of wood look but I thought that it would not go with the decor.

I have been playing with putting together the sump and some of its components. I needed to see what I need for the rest of the plumbing stuff. Not sure if I need to redo the whole thing as WB plumbing is metric and Trigger sumps are ASE in piping size.

Sump is a Trigger Systems Platinum 26 that has a fleece roller system and I believe that running one of these can keep the water much cleaner as well as keeping the nutrients down. I am connecting it with a Neptune Systems Core-15 DC controller pump and I am hoping this up to the Apex for maxim controllability. And since I will be running a fleece roller system I opted for a smaller skimmer so I went with Hydor E-SK 600 DC controllable unit. These items will give me the best chance of keeping nutrients low and water stability.

For Auto Top off I have opted for Neptune Systems ATK Auto top off system and again connecting it to my Apex will give me full control and reliability of fresh water additions which should contribute to water stability as well.

And finally I did add Neptune Systems MPR Magnetic Probe rack to hold all my Neptune systems probes.

03DF1565-601B-4E64-A065-6F9ADA81F5F3_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4b0debacd5961ca1df19e0193612c71f.jpeg

6C272DCF-2DC7-418A-B749-2088BD08F3BB_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.f36ac6c920fadff8f889c8e733bdd8f2.jpeg

63426F61-3FA4-4E40-BCA6-A4E958AD4C32_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.8cb37c7507882ff4be0211339e303f29.jpeg

• Like 1

Just fooling around with the Aquascape to see if I can come up with something nice. Having the cabinet door in the back tells me how much space will be taken up and I think if I have another one of these on the right side will look good and then maybe have a floating reef in between them (although smaller).

Front View

461EC702-9FBF-4BF9-905D-6CCF8CA477FF_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.fb3328190bffc5aec175991b9ada83ac.jpeg

Top View - Plenty of room for Acro's if I decide on them.

F778298F-8B75-41D5-854C-EC9CB07A079D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6111ea4e416e77afea50ee0de176802d.jpeg

• Like 1

I should be receiving today the rest of the Caribsea Liferock so I can finish my aquascape. I am also buying a piece of 5/4 board and staining it walnut and then placing it under DT to keep it from sinking into the carpet as I cannot open any of the doors 🙁.

Also a friend will be stopping by tomorrow to help move it so I can get behind it and start looking to replace and or modify the current plumbing to fit the new sump as well as mount the new light supports so that I can finish installing the lights as well as burning in T5 for 48 hours (Required before dimming them).

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

I am also buying a piece of 5/4 board and staining it walnut and then placing it under DT to keep it from sinking into the carpet as I cannot open any of the doors 🙁.

My problem too!  As cool as the slab door look is, they need to revise the design to something similar to a toe kick notch at the bottom. Do they just assume everyone has solid, non-carpeted floor for these stands?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well finally I have a way to change the plumbing and I was getting worried about wasting so much money I the new sump, especially since I am really starting to like it.

I place a new order for the following items.

Metric Union Couplings

32mm Metric Union Coupling x2 – For Drain
25mm Metric Union Coupling x1 – For Return

Purchase them here -

Metric to Standard PVC Adapters

25mm to ¾ - For Return pipe
32mm to 1 – For Drain and emergency drain (Currently on backorder).

Purchase them here -

As soon as they arrive, I can then start on plumbing the sump. I do have the RED colored pipe for drainage to sump and BLUE pipe for return to DT. I think I have all the other plumbing I need as well, but you never know. 

Lighting is almost done. When I complete it I will upload the pics.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, onthefly said:

What's the float switch on the left side (inlet side) driving?

There are 3 floats in the sump that are used for the roller mat (floats control the movement of the roller mat). I have not installed the roller mat yet as I am waiting for all the plumbing to arrive. I should have an update on the plumbing and pictures by the end of this week.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I am not very happy with Waterbox right now. They have changed the plumbing that they unions I purchased will not work. I spoke to support before buying this aquarium and unions that they pointed me to some youtube videos and Facebook group on what was needed and how to do it.

I have been emailing back and forth to see if we can come to some type of a solution and they have been responsive to this point. If they do not come through then I will have to figure out what do to next and then I will no longer recommend @Waterbox Aquariums , although I own two of them. Let's give them a chance first.

I have change my scape and I am waiting for more rock to be back in stock so I can finish it. Pictures to follow soon.

Okay, so I will have to give kudos to Chris from Waterbox Aquariums for going way out of his way to helping me solve my problem. He even gave me a call to talk over the possible solutions.

So all day today I took out my old commercial solder station and went to work. First off the main pipe was a simple remove the old and replace with the new union. The emergency drain I wanted to have a union the same as for the main drain. Well that did not happen and I just cut the pipe about 1" from the union so that I can attach the new union to it and then the mm to inches reducer. Now the main issue was the return line. Here I took my old solder station and put a large round desolder connection to it and put some heat on it and then pull out the old barb connection. This took about 1 1/2 hours to do so it is not a quick fix. Here is a picture of the layout and will have some updated pictures soon when the plumbing is attached to my sump.

Picture of the piping layout

343F6951-68E4-4AA7-98EF-4060F9233C81_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6698484e055d22c3a187f5dad81a8619.jpeg

Well, we are on hold for a few more days as I had an issue with a power supply and cable. Both were identified early and being replaced, but it is taking some time for UPS to get it delivered to me. Also I need a few more plumbing pieces and they are currently out of stock. 

The good news is by the end of today the T5 will be burned in and I can start programming the Apex lighting schedule and profiles. Also I have been playing around with the look of my scape and I think I have finally found what I was looking for. I ordered one more piece of rock today to finish it off. Hopefully it will arrive before the new year.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I have been thinking about a Waterbox Aquarium but also want to put a trigger systems platinum sump.  Did you originally purchase the sump from Waterbox?  was there an option to buy just the tank with no sump?  I am trying to figure out which route to go.  Though not a nano tank, I really like the metal stand that comes with the reefLX.

Thanks,

Scott

• Like 1