Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanoskim 40

Goonerlad4

Help please 

I have a nanoskim 40 on a aqua 35 nano reef, I seem to be having trouble setting up the skimmer I have tried to adjust the flow and the air intake but cannot seem to get the bubbles to the very top of the neck they sit about 2 inch down, has anyone got any suggestions, it is a new set up around the 8 weeks mark

Is the skimmer new? It may need time to break in and let all that gunk build up before it starts foaming to the top. 

My skimmer starts bubbling two inches below the cup when I first clean it. I think just give it some time as it's a new skimmer it sounds like and needs to break in. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Is the skimmer new? It may need time to break in and let all that gunk build up before it starts foaming to the top. 

My skimmer starts bubbling two inches below the cup when I first clean it. I think just give it some time as it's a new skimmer it sounds like and needs to break in. 

About 8 weeks running now

Maybe your organics is too low for now. On my IM30 it does the same thing after I do a major water change. Then after a heavy feeding I can see the organics starting to climb up the neck. If that is not it then maybe send an email to the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...