Pod Your Reef

EADC82DB-36CB-49B3-9EFE-A51EB0C3335D.thumb.jpeg.865c08cf0340746e16f8e700f8713a1c.jpegI currently have a 25 gallon tank with atleast 50 pounds of live rock and a bunch of caves and hiding spots, I'm currently holding x1 fire shrimp, x1 royal gramma, x2 clownfish, x1 pink-spotted watchman goby, x1 purple firefish, x5 astrea snails, x5 blue legs. I recently completely a fish in cycle with the two clownfish it's been about 5-6 weeks and then added the shrimp, waited a few days, and added the 3 other fish, I'm closely monitoring my ammonia levels, with that being said, they eat, come out, no issues seem to have been shown, they each seem to have found their own hiding spots while the clownfish basically just roam around all day keeping an eye on all of them, they're all about an inch or so big. My clownfish do the little fighting and twitching here and there but for the most part they're side by side 24/7 eat together, sleep together, fight together so I'm not too worried about them, my main concern is if a 25 gallon is enough to hold my 5 fish and shrimp, they seem to have plenty of space and seem to be having a good time if I do say so myself but I'd prefer knowing they're stress free for the long haul when they reach 3-4 inches in a couple years or so. I keep the tank at about 1.024 salinity & 78-82 degrees. 

CAB68CC8-94E8-4E15-B576-52613BC5B21B.jpeg

CC02FDC2-8A0F-4506-A419-E3016493B4CB.jpeg

3292076F-CFCA-484C-B6D1-214B4A2014F5.jpeg

5 fish is definitely fully stocked, potentially overstocked. If you have enough caves that they like, you'll hopefully be okay? But be ready to do relatively large weekly water changes.

For future reference, don't do a fish-in cycle, it's hard on the fish and isn't any faster or easier than the more humane methods. 

• Like 1