SaltCritters.com

How long and what to do?

TheIceberg

So, I am going to be near a LFS today at lunch and I want to pick up a cleaner shrimp and a mithrax crab. Problem is, I have to go back to work afterwards for a few hours before I go home. I realize that these things are shipped overnight and still okay, so would it be cool to have these guys at my desk from say 1:30 to 4:30 and not get them home until close to 5:00 for acclimation? Anything I should do while keeping them at my desk besides keeping the lights off (in the bag?) Thanks for any advice.

how come you can't go to the LFS after work @ 4:30?

just call them and tell them to hold the livestock for you... this way they can go straight from the LFS -> acclimation into your tank w/o the "3-hour bag time" that might result in more stress.

(personally, i think they'll be fine, but it's still best to minimize the risk, in which case you should try to go to the LFS AFTER work)

Well basically because 1. The LFS is pretty far from my work and home but we are having a business lunch out there and my work and home are very close to one another and 2. The traffic REALLY sucks in the area at 4:30. I would end up not being home till closer to 6:00 if I went after work and then home from there. So that would be an hour of bag time anyway as opposed to 3. Not that huge of a difference. Plus I get agro'd up hard core when traffic is bad and I have livestock I am transporting. I am always like, "move you dumb azz, don't you know I have live animals in here you inconsiderate POS."

Plus I get agro'd up hard core when traffic is bad and I have livestock I am transporting. I am always like, "move you dumb azz, don't you know I have live animals in here you inconsiderate POS

LMAO I am the same way :D

Archived