SaltCritters.com

Veteran freshwater, but new to saltwater!

AJ Odasso

Hi, all.  I've been keeping various freshwater tanks, most of them devoted to Betta splendens, since I was about 9 years old.  In junior high, I actually bred bettas for a while, but then in college I just didn't have the space.  I always have at least 1 betta around, occupying one of the couple 7-gallon tanks I keep around.  My current betta boy is named Angus; he's one of the first wave of Glo-Fish bettas to come out, and was on sale way too young (he was so tiny).  I've raised him to a full-grown fish over the past 6 months, and he's a feisty little brat who likes to jump and knock the feeding trapdoor in the lid of his tank to get my attention.  He also likes hiding in his filter; he gave us a heart-attack the first time we couldn't find him, but suddenly he came wiggling out through where the water flows out when he heard our voices.  Bettas are so smartand so, so weird.

As mentioned in my brand-new thread in Nano Reef Journals (see my signature for the link), I'm about 10 weeks into my new 14g tank.  This is my first crack at a saltwater setup.  I give a full rundown of my critters at the link below.  Nice to meet you!

• Like 3

Great to have you here on N-R, @A.J. Odasso! This community is an incredible resource, and we are always glad to see more freshwater folks dabbling in the salty side. 😉 There are literal experts here who would assuredly be happy to answer literally any reefing questions you have, so don't hesitate to ask! If you have a desire to learn, we are here to help. 👍

Be sure to check out the Tank of the Month archives, if you haven't already. The featured tanks here on N-R have provided me with a huge amount of guidance and inspiration. I highly recommend them. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Great to have you here on N-R, @A.J. Odasso! This community is an incredible resource, and we are always glad to see more freshwater folks dabbling in the salty side. 😉 There are literal experts here who would assuredly be happy to answer literally any reefing questions you have, so don't hesitate to ask! If you have a desire to learn, we are here to help. 👍

Be sure to check out the Tank of the Month archives, if you haven't already. The featured tanks here on N-R have provided me with a huge amount of guidance and inspiration. I highly recommend them. 

Thank you!  I will definitely check out those archives.

• Like 1