Coral Vue Hydros

Where do you like to buy livestock online?

j.falk

I'm curious, where do you guys shop for your livestock online?  

My current list of U.S. sites that I check for livestock on a regular basis:

reefcleaners.org 

coralreeftn.com 

orchardreef.com 

kpaquatics.com 

mysaltwaterfishstore.com

floridapets.com

liveaquaria.com 

ebay.com 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, j.falk said:

I'm curious, where do you guys shop for your livestock online?  

My current list of U.S. sites that I check for livestock on a regular basis:

reefcleaners.org 

coralreeftn.com 

orchardreef.com 

kpaquatics.com 

mysaltwaterfishstore.com

floridapets.com

liveaquaria.com 

ebay.com 

that's a good list with a few i haven't checked out.......

i also like:

bluezooaquatics.com

vividaquariums.com

pacificeastaquiculture.com

aquariumdepot.com

coralcollection.bigcartel.com

uniquecorals.com

and many that i am forgetting right now. 

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Where do you like to buy livestock online?

Sites that I check with any regularity are:

LA/DD

AquaSD

KPA

Live-plants

Battlecorals

Boom Corals

Reef Cleaners

Marine Farmers

Most my corals come from other reefers or an occasional pick-up at the LFS. With shipping being questionable since COVID started, I have been checking out in-state places more often. 

• Like 3
NoOneLikesADryTang

I've ordered and had good success with Got Corals, Foxy Saltwater, and Savage Reefers. I have never bought a fish online - always bought from a LFS. 

I'm probably in the minority, but I was unimpressed with my order from Reef Cleaners. I had a handful of dead snails, and some really, really small livestock that did arrive. I won't purchase from them again. 

I am fortunate to live in a very strong reefing community (Phoenix - I'm still annoyed MACNA got cancelled this year, even though I do understand why.) We have some really good LFS, and there are multiple frag swaps every year that's usually hosted by different LFS, where people can get together to buy/sell/trade livestock from other hobbyists. This is where I get the majority of my corals from. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I've ordered and had good success with Got Corals, Foxy Saltwater, and Savage Reefers. I have never bought a fish online - always bought from a LFS. 

I'm probably in the minority, but I was unimpressed with my order from Reef Cleaners. I had a handful of dead snails, and some really, really small livestock that did arrive. I won't purchase from them again. 

I am fortunate to live in a very strong reefing community (Phoenix - I'm still annoyed MACNA got cancelled this year, even though I do understand why.) We have some really good LFS, and there are multiple frag swaps every year that's usually hosted by different LFS, where people can get together to buy/sell/trade livestock from other hobbyists. This is where I get the majority of my corals from. 

None of my fish came from online, either - one of my clowns is from one LFS; my other clown and blenny are from another.

The things I've ordered online have been entirely snails and corals.  I don't know if I'm brave enough to try ordering a fish!

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

I enjoyed eBay. I usually get my stuff from the Petco I work at since I run my fish and corals through the system for a while in hopes no one else buys them. I have a 10 gallon qt in the back for any oopsies along that several week period I'm eyeing a certain fish or frag I ordered...for myself.

Other places I bought from include Tidal Gardens and LiveAquaria. I like LA since they put in some effort in what species you're getting. The customer service is good.

Tidal Gardens has a higher price but it does pay to know there's great customer service behind it. I asked for a different shipping day to line up which day I have off to receive corals. I also like TG's approach to shipping. Instead of bags they use urine specimen cups. The frag is attached to tiny foam cube, so you see a full cup of water with an inverted coral. It's quite elegant and smart. From what I've seen and own right from them, these corals acclimate extremely well.

The online stores will try to bait you for more purchases by giving you a coupon.

• Like 3