SaltCritters.com

What’s the best dip product for introducing new corals?

coral reefer tx

coral reefer tx

Getting back into reefing.  Was about to order Coral RX, but thought I’d better ask if there’s something better out there now.  
Whatever I buy now will last me a long time, so want to get it right.  
Will primarily be softies and LPS getting dipped.  No plans for SPS.  
Is Coral RX the way to go, or go with something better?

Any info would help.  
Thanks

The best dip is none at all, but doing a quarantine. Also, there just really aren't a whole lot of LPS pests out there in the hobby. Any very quick dip just to knock off worms, stars, pods, etc. is all you really need for them if you can't just QT.

• Like 1

I've been using this method with success:

For pretty much the full lists of pests you can treat I use 1.5ml of bayer to 1 oz of saltwater. 15 minute soak, then 15 minute rinse, followed by another 15 minute rinse. I then dip in revive since it helps repair and rejuvenate and underlying issues the coral may have from shipping etc. Theres always risk of eggs. Many will do this dip and put in qt for 4 days. Then dip again and into temporary tank for a 30 day at or longer. My qt has a handful of mollies to let me know if somehow I got ich or another fish parasite in on the frag .

coral reefer tx
5 hours ago, Humblefish said:

I've been using this method with success:

For pretty much the full lists of pests you can treat I use 1.5ml of bayer to 1 oz of saltwater. 15 minute soak, then 15 minute rinse, followed by another 15 minute rinse. I then dip in revive since it helps repair and rejuvenate and underlying issues the coral may have from shipping etc. Theres always risk of eggs. Many will do this dip and put in qt for 4 days. Then dip again and into temporary tank for a 30 day at or longer. My qt has a handful of mollies to let me know if somehow I got ich or another fish parasite in on the frag .

Thanks.   That’s Baylor Advanced Complete, right?