Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BlueFish still around?

glhughes

Does anybody know if BlueFish (www.aquarium-led-controller.com) is still operating?

I placed an order for one of their controllers (and had my CC charged) on the 7th -- 2 weeks ago -- and haven't heard anything since. The order status still says "Processing". I tried to send an email this morning to ask for an update but it bounced on a failed relay at their mail server. The link to their support forum (on this site) is broken as are 2/3 of their US retailer links. The 3rd retailer does list their controller but says it's unavailable.

I can't figure out a way to contact the company to ask what's up so I'm posting here in the hope that someone may know how to do that or what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well this is interesting as I was on their web site and everything was working a few weeks ago looking into buying their controller. I started a topic asking community members if this controller was worth it. No response at the time of this writing. Please post here if you find out anything as I would like not to waste time or money on this if they are closing.

17 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

Well this is interesting as I was on their web site and everything was working a few weeks ago looking into buying their controller. I started a topic asking community members if this controller was worth it. No response at the time of this writing. Please post here if you find out anything as I would like not to waste time on money on this if they are closing.

I saw your post, but didn't reply and lost track of it.  when it worked (I had the BF Mini that came on nanobox), it was great.  But toward the end of last year, most of the weather pattern became unusable (no more cloud fades, no more moon phase), due to some changes from the weather source data.  some locations were fixed at the beginning of the year, mostly for their preset locations.  I don't know how much of that had been fixed, as I moved away from LED.  beside the weather issue, the programming/scheduling worked great for me - I was very happy with it.  @SpencerShepard is on here every so often, maybe he'll be able to answer both of you.

again, my experience was on BF Mini, not sure if it'd be any different with the full-BF controller.  there were a few discussions under the nanobox subforum earlier this year if you feel like tracking it down.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Coolbreeze said:

I just went to their web site and it is the same as it was two weeks ago. See screen shot below, covid-19 slowness.

image.thumb.png.a462f90ba12df6ea86a7ab648186c485.png

Yeah, I also saw that notice before placing the order (strangely it no longer shows up for me). However, it's been two weeks sitting at "pending". I would just like to know when I can expect it to ship or if I need to look at alternatives. Not that I want to look at alternatives as the BlueFish seems like it will be great, but I do need to get some kind of controller setup going for my lights soon.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Save a few bucks and get the Storm controller. No connectivity issues,no need for wifi all that good jazz. 

This is for a couple of Kessil A160WEs which I don't think that controller supports (no 0-10v?). I actually want WiFi control or I would have gone with the Kessil controller.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, glhughes said:

This is for a couple of Kessil A160WEs which I don't think that controller supports (no 0-10v?). I actually want WiFi control or I would have gone with the Kessil controller.

You can get a 0-10v adapter that slides into the pwm slots on the front of the controller. How that would work for the Kessil,no idea. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SpencerShepard said:

@glhughes Can you please send me a PM with your order number? Also if you could send me the details of the bounced email and like to see if that can be resolved!  Thanks!

Sent! Thanks for getting in touch!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...