SaltCritters.com

PLEASE HELP - New Coral Has Worms

banasophia

Hey guys, got this new knopia coral this evening. It was gorgeous opened up, but when I got it home I discovered it was full of small white worms. Dipped in Coral RX for 10 minutes and pulled a bunch off. Some are still on it and look dead, but some are still moving. What do you guys think...keep the coral or not? Having bad luck lately... the zoas I got two weekends ago had Zoa pox. Another coral I got today had some creepy red beetle looking things. 😩😩😩

602F3CB2-87C4-45B3-8200-82AEC00A7724.thumb.jpeg.fc038d231e102eee7f93465737134444.jpeg

9 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I’d probably dip it in bayer, and see if that will knock them off the frag. 

Thank you! I’ve never done a Bayer dip before... I just checked the garage and have a couple different Bayer pest products... I’ll look it up and see if I can figure out if I have the right stuff and how to do it. Thanks again. 

NoOneLikesADryTang
2 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Thank you! I’ve never done a Bayer dip before... I just checked the garage and have a couple different Bayer pest products... I’ll look it up and see if I can figure out if I have the right stuff and how to do it. Thanks again. 

You’re welcome. I hope it works for you! 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

How did the Bayer dip go?

Well, they stopped squirming and I pulled off as many as I could, but I am worried there could be more inside. Time will tell I guess. Have you used the Bayer before? Where did you dump the waste water with Bayer? What about cleaning and using the containers for other stuff?

Next disaster is that I swapped out my jebao slw powerhead in my Biocube 16 for a new hygger and I think my cat ate the two small twist ties that I took  off the cords... they are nowhere to be found. 

• Haha 1
Just now, banasophia said:

Well, they stopped squirming and I pulled off as many as I could, but I am worried there could be more inside. Time will tell I guess. Have you used the Bayer before? Where did you dump the waste water with Bayer? What about cleaning and using the containers for other stuff?

Next disaster is that I swapped out my jebao slw powerhead in my Biocube 16 and I think my cat ate the two small twist ties that I took  off the cords... they are nowhere to be found. 

I have never used it before, I use a standard household disinfectant. 

Usually I will get rid of any water down the toilet, I do have specific tubs that I use only for dipping corals as I am not sure about reusing them or use for non reefing related things

Damn cats

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I have never used it before, I use a standard household disinfectant. 

Usually I will get rid of any water down the toilet, I do have specific tubs that I use only for dipping corals as I am not sure about reusing them or use for non reefing related things

Damn cats

Household disinfectant? Wow, what kind? Who knew disinfectant had so many uses... don’t inject it for the covid though. 😂😜

Just now, banasophia said:

Household disinfectant? Wow, what kind? Who knew disinfectant had so many uses... don’t inject it for the covid though. 😂😜

Dettol its a UK brand

https://www.superdrug.com/Health/First-Aid/Antiseptic-Creams-%26-Gels/Dettol-Antiseptic-Liquid-750ml/p/67561?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqH7BRDdARIsACTSAdvZgBj3_CIYevd6rokjdH_kTDf7YtsWx1Ik6n3LGwHZvYC1xxgIxcUaAgRWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Wingy said:

Don't  reuse the pyrex.   I use deli containers or solo cups for dips and soup containers  from Chinese  take out for general purpose  tank stuff.  

Thanks, I ordered replacements and labeled these for fish tank only. 🙂 Solo cups would’ve been smart, and much cheaper!!

Meh, I’ve always just used the Pyrex, dump the the leftovers down the drain and stick it in the dishwasher 🤷‍♂️ I’ve yet to develop the cancer...however 🤔 might explain a few things 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Meh, I’ve always just used the Pyrex, dump the the leftovers down the drain and stick it in the dishwasher 🤷‍♂️ I’ve yet to develop the cancer...however 🤔 might explain a few things 

Yeah, that’s what I was gonna do haha... but I guess it’s better to be on the safe side, don’t wanna bake a pesticide cake. 😬

• Haha 2