Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy's Macroalgae Tanks

Tigahboy

7 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Tough crowd! 😅

Don't get me wrong, it's not reef snobbery (snobby voice) "They just break the harmony of the aquascape...".  They just seem like they're shoved in the corner.  Poor things, you should send them to me.  😉

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jim_i said:

Don't get me wrong, it's not reef snobbery (snobby voice) "They just break the harmony of the aquascape...".  They just seem like they're shoved in the corner.  Poor things, you should send them to me.  😉

TBH I agree with you. Would be a whole lot cleaner without the mangroves, but until I setup another tank for them, they’ll probably stay. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Picked up the new Nero 3 for this tank! This will be replacing my Aqamai KPS. 
F09F5222-C2FB-40D7-A7ED-2AA1720F79AC.thumb.jpeg.886a0913474f6c369db49742e3cb9488.jpeg

as if you need to hide the pump, didn't even know the KPS was in there.  look forward to hear your take on the Nero3.

have you done a video for this tank?  I'd love to see some motion shots of the macro and gorg swaying around....

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
On 9/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, Tigahboy said:

More FTSs cuz you can never have too many FTSs.

DSC02542.thumb.jpg.f3cee0b17f60b5d4628d427f672eef45.jpg

DSC02533.thumb.jpg.457568e68a70a15287c3b48ac4224e96.jpg

I almost wanted to ask why you have three tiny 'pineapples' on top of your light earlier - then I realized they were air plants. :blush:

Love your scape though! 🙂 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

as if you need to hide the pump, didn't even know the KPS was in there.  look forward to hear your take on the Nero3.

have you done a video for this tank?  I'd love to see some motion shots of the macro and gorg swaying around....

Will try to take a video. True, the KPS is pretty well hidden by all the macroalgae, but the Nero 3 would stick out less than the KPS so should be completely hidden behind the filter box.  Really stoked try this out - seems like the perfect nano-sized wavemaker.

• Like 4

So the waspfish is super elusive. I'll see her every now and then when the lights are off, but hopeful she will eventually start coming out more. 🤞

Also, a Tanaka's Pygmy Possum Wrasse and a pair of Red Tiger Cleaner Shrimp are arriving today as well!

Latest shots of this tank.

DSC02621.thumb.jpg.c1b85849887436dd37f947b0b0910815.jpg

DSC02627.thumb.jpg.69c6d22a3c0f5841d6226721433abb7f.jpg

• Like 7
6 hours ago, SaltyGallon said:

Coor exciting times haha! Super cool wrasse and digging that grape caluerpa.

I'm pretty excited as well! Wanted a macro lens for awhile now.

The grape is pretty nice, but grows so so fast. I have to prune it pretty regularly or else it will take over the whole  tank in a matter of weeks.

• Like 1

Latest FTS. 
085605C0-4AC5-44F4-A34A-111CD7F3A2B3.thumb.jpeg.9bfef793d8c13ce47ac990fff5a58de0.jpeg

New additions over the past week: Tanaka’s possum wrasse, red tiger cleaner shrimp pair, blue hypnea, blue scroll, more botryocladia, and more branching coralline algae.

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Amphrites said:

That wrasse looks incredible under the whites.

To my surprise the wrasse swims out in the open quite a bit, so really fun to watch. Waspfish still hides 24-7 tho. 

14 hours ago, mystersyster said:

Bruh. Making me think twice about painting the back pane black...

Yeah, I’ve always been a fan of clear backgrounds. Harder to hide equipment though. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Where do you buy your macro from? KPA? Live plants? 

Mostly live-plants, and second would be Reefcleaners. 

Also got a lot of cool hitchhikers on my KPA rock. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Such a chill little one, Roxy feels right to me, excited to see what others come up with.

Waldo seems like a popular choice rn.

• Like 1