inTank Media Baskets

20 Gallon (24x12) Aquarium set-up

Naynay

Hi all! I’m a long time reader, first time posted. I’m finally ready to invest in my own nano reef tank. My space only allows for a 24x12 tank and I’ve decided that I’d like the rimless look. I’m thinking about purchasing the Seapora 20 Gallon Rimless Aquarium and would like recommendations on the set-up. Specifically I’m looking to keep the look of the tank as clean as possible (I.e all components in the stand). 

does anyone have a similar set-up or recommendations they can share?  Will I need to drill the aquarium? All my research has led me to more and more questions!

attaching the pic of the tank and stand I have.817CE66A-9669-470C-9533-2ADEFA1A51A6.thumb.jpeg.edea97ea1f11b081e9d2f835f18ea21c.jpeg

thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Naynay said:

Hi all! I’m a long time reader, first time posted. I’m finally ready to invest in my own nano reef tank. My space only allows for a 24x12 tank and I’ve decided that I’d like the rimless look. I’m thinking about purchasing the Seapora 20 Gallon Rimless Aquarium and would like recommendations on the set-up. Specifically I’m looking to keep the look of the tank as clean as possible (I.e all components in the stand). 

does anyone have a similar set-up or recommendations they can share?  Will I need to drill the aquarium? All my research has led me to more and more questions!

attaching the pic of the tank and stand I have.817CE66A-9669-470C-9533-2ADEFA1A51A6.thumb.jpeg.edea97ea1f11b081e9d2f835f18ea21c.jpeg

thanks in advance!

To keep everything in the stand you will need to do a sump. I'm not sure if the seapora tanks are safe to drill but big al's should know if they are.

• Like 2

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com.

16 hours ago, Naynay said:

Will I need to drill the aquarium?

You don't "need" to drill it.  There are plenty of options, including hang on back, or even filterless setups.  But Clown79 is correct, if you wish to hide your heater and filtration equipment, then a sump is a good way to go.  Even if the glass is tempered, there are hang on back overflows (although I don't generally recommend going that route, as drilled overflows tend to be the most reliable).  Some people even use a canister filter placed inside the stand to help hide it.  Canisters are a little less convenient to clean/maintain than hang on back filters, but can be used for a similar purpose.  Like just about everything in this hobby, there is generally more than one way to do something.

• Like 1