inTank Media Baskets

First SW Tank starts this Weekend!

EMichelle

Hey Everyone!

My name is Michelle and I am really looking forward to participating in this community. I've had freshwater tanks for the last 10+ years and after years of "ooohing and aahing," and lots of reading, I am jumping into SW reefs finally! 😱 I'm picking up a used BioCube 29 and all the fixin's this weekend and can't wait to see what my LFS have in terms of colored-dry rock and start my journey.

It's been difficult with Facebook groups in my area, etc. when I am asking advice and people just giving the usual advice vs really understanding my questions or giving thought to answers. I'm hoping to find a great community to assist in my build or just come along for the ride with me!

This in turn leads me to my first question! Are the build stories usually placed in the Journals section of this forum? Or just threads where I should focus on Beginner's Discussion to host my thread on the new tank?

Looking forward to the discussions! 🤘

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @EMichelle! 🙌

Start a build journal for your new BioCube 29 in the Journals section, and we can all follow along with your nano reef's progress.

The beginners forum is a great place for asking questions on specific subjects or issues you're facing with your new tank. Members try to offer advice when questions come up in tank journals, but usually it's easier to start a new topic for those questions to get more viewers and responses. 👍

• Like 1

Welcome Michelle to Nano

This is a great community with great folks.

A journal is great for your tank build and also a great way to documrnt whats going on.

When you have specific questions, using the beginners section, corals, equipment etc is really helpful because you will get more responses.

• Like 1