Coral Vue Hydros

Getting Clown Goby to eat pellets

Draco

My clown goby will not eat pellets (micro sized for him). He prefers frozen food.

I will be going away in a few weeks and I am more comfortable with my sitter feeding portioned food than feeding frozen into a tiny tank. Any idea how I can train my clown goby to accept pellets? every clown goby I've had refused pellets, but there must be a way to train it?

8 minutes ago, Draco said:

My clown goby will not eat pellets (micro sized for him). He prefers frozen food.

I will be going away in a few weeks and I am more comfortable with my sitter feeding portioned food than feeding frozen into a tiny tank. Any idea how I can train my clown goby to accept pellets? every clown goby I've had refused pellets, but there must be a way to train it?

Have you tried target feeding that may work if u r consistent. Also a breeder box may work just don’t starve the little guy make sure you check to see if he’s thinning too much then feed him normaly so he’s strong. My suggestion is to cut up and portion the food for the sitter and throw them in a sandwich bag if you aren’t successful. I’ve done with when gone. It’s a pretty simple thaw and pour maybe you can show the sitter.

I would portion out frozen food into plastic baggies and have the sitter feed 1 baggie per day.  A box of baggies is what?  $3.00 at Walmart.  Cheap solution and because you already measured out the portions, the sitter shouldn't be able to overfeed.

• Like 1