inTank Media Baskets

Micro Reefs releases new 12Lx 16W x 16H system!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

looks really nice....  but shipping that stand will be more than most are willing to pay.. and chances for damage are great.

p.s.  can i have your garage?  

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
8 hours ago, r20crazy said:

looks really nice....  but shipping that stand will be more than most are willing to pay.. and chances for damage are great.

p.s.  can i have your garage?  

You are very correct about shipping.  When I first started in 2011 my aquariums were  being manufactured by TruVu Aquariums.  I would design what I needed and they would build it, it was a beautiful beginning and I enjoyed the simplicity back in those days.  Then as I started to grow and orders started to take off, one of my reefers ordered  a stand much similar to the one you see here that I built.  And there was no box that I could find to ship it.  

So, I had to use two boxes, cut them up and tape them together.  I went through a lot and made sure to include plenty of packaging material, but not enough as UPS destroyed the stand upon arrival.  Luckily insurance claim came back on my side and paid everyone!

What I learned, since then is that all my aquariums and systems are packaged today with 1/2 inch foam padding that helps with the absorption of shock from a big drop.  I have since shipped many stands throughout the United States with zero causalities since that introduction to shipping class I took back in 2011, LOL.

You like my small tiny shop?  I didn't even show you Mr. Cool mini/split AC system, you for sure would want my garage even more since it keeps the shop at 74 F degrees while outside the shop is 94F with relative humidity pushing it to feel 104F, yikes!

MG 

• Like 2
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey reefers, 

I am getting ready to build this 13 gallon AIO and need your input.  The stand is solid white, so what color should the false wall be?  White or Black for the aquarium?  Should I create a canopy for this system?  If so, what color will it be?  White or Black?

Let me know what your thoughts are?  I want to make this system marketable so, what do the masses want?

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero 

white false wall would look terrible with algae (the ugly kind on it) IMO...  thats why they are always black... even the Blue ones on tanks look bad..  but I'd be willing to beta test a white wall setup...   😉

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
11 minutes ago, r20crazy said:

white false wall would look terrible with algae (the ugly kind on it) IMO...  thats why they are always black... even the Blue ones on tanks look bad..  but I'd be willing to beta test a white wall setup...   😉

Good feedback, I agree but many nano systems of this size remember it's 13 gallons almost 14 will have live rock covering most of the back wall.

If it is turned into reef tank, fish only you need to scrub that back wall before green ever sets in.

So we have a vote for it being black false wall and the stand is white, how about canopy?  None or what color if you were to want one?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
3 hours ago, r20crazy said:

white stand needs white canopy..  otherwise its like white socks with black shoes...  

Would you think a black false wall would look okay between the white stand and white canopy?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
14 hours ago, r20crazy said:

I.M. tank looks great white stand/canopy and black tank back... but if tank perams are good back wall turns pink with coraline anyway if 3 sided viewing..

I took a look and was impressed, I will introduce both white and black false wall against the white stand, should look impressive.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

Would you think a black false wall would look okay between the white stand and white canopy?

This is what I would try

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
2 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

This is what I would try

I saw how AI has there white stand and black system on top!  It looks incredible!  I will go with that look as it pronounces the tank, and white acrylic stand is just impeccable in shine!

• 4 months later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 9/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

I saw how AI has there white stand and black system on top!  It looks incredible!  I will go with that look as it pronounces the tank, and white acrylic stand is just impeccable in shine!

20210129_062403.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

nice haircut!!!  😁  ( I can see your reflection in the mirror by the big boob lady statues). 

looks good sir.  Like the black back on white stand

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
10 hours ago, r20crazy said:

nice haircut!!!  😁  ( I can see your reflection in the mirror by the big boob lady statues). 

looks good sir.  Like the black back on white stand

😆 haircut?  This is not Blade Runner where Harrison Ford as the detective looks at a mirror for clues on replicas! 😆

IMG_20201206_161604_903.jpg

IMG_20201128_211340_142.jpg

IMG_20201129_124908_227.jpg

IMG_20201206_161604_913.jpg

• Wow 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
2 hours ago, nanoreeFan said:

Very nice Micro thanks for sharing!

Here is quick video so you can see what the black one looks like in an small office.

• Recommended Discussions