Innovative Marine Aquariums

My pH Experiment.

DSA65PRO

I was adding Bicarbonate Soda, and not having good results. pH was still at 8.0 to 7.7.  I already knew the problem was CO2. So I modified a junked Air Pump, by sealing it with Aquarium Silicone, drilled the side,  attached hard airline, and ran flexible airline outside. I took an old Pill Bottle, drilled small holes in the bottom, put Dacron, followed by Aquarium Charcoal, then Dacron on top of that to Filter the Air. Airline out the top, for the pump feed. The Air is injected into the Skimmer Cup, which where the Skimmer Air is pulled from.  pH is running just below to 8.3, and falls to  just above 8.1 at night. 

EAB7D080-93CF-48C3-8265-4E79B13106B5.png

E2329242-8D22-498A-8118-D5E84C7765C3.jpeg

• Like 3
On 9/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, DSA65PRO said:

pH was still at 8.0 to 7.7.

Nothing wrong with that pH, but....

On 9/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, DSA65PRO said:

So I modified a junked Air Pump, by sealing it with Aquarium Silicone, drilled the side,  attached hard airline, and ran flexible airline outside. I took an old Pill Bottle, drilled small holes in the bottom, put Dacron, followed by Aquarium Charcoal, then Dacron on top of that to Filter the Air. Airline out the top, for the pump feed. The Air is injected into the Skimmer Cup, which where the Skimmer Air is pulled from.

...this is a REALLY cool version of this hack....I think the best one I've seen for sure.  Especially the specific hack on the airpump.  NICE!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...