ReefCleaners.org

LPS ID

Reefsamurai

Nice find. Be careful with its placement, though, favia are aggressive stingers that can extend long sweeper tentacles if they feel the need. Don't put any other corals too close.

1 hour ago, Tired said:

Nice find. Be careful with its placement, though, favia are aggressive stingers that can extend long sweeper tentacles if they feel the need. Don't put any other corals too close.

No worries here, it's not glued in yet. I'm waiting to see how long the sweepers are and then make a final decision especially considering my rainbow chalice, Christmas brain and the joker lobo above it which sends out longer sweepers than my pavona.

You might be waiting awhile to see sweepers. Sometimes they don't put any out until actively provoked. 

Having said that, I wonder if there's a viable way of provoking it. Maybe if you put another LPS right next to it for about 5 minutes in the daytime, then separated them again, it'd feel intruded upon enough to put out sweepers at night?