Jump to content
Reefer-begginer

Stung by foxface

Recommended Posts

Reefer-begginer

title says it all, ny 8 inch foxface has finally made a big mistake in stinging me while cleaning off the algae on the glass.

My question as I can't find a surefire answer, is how do you treat a open wound? I heard hot water but want your experience in how to treat this

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
29 minutes ago, Reefer-begginer said:

I heard hot water

You can try vinegar too.  Should start to get better in a little more than half an hour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
j.falk

I would recommend taking some Benadryl asap.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
DSA65PRO

There was a Dr. in DC, I Fixed his Air Conditioner in his Apartment, when no one else could figure it out. He only wanted me to touch his two AC Units, after that. He gave me keys, so I could come in and service the AC’s. One problem, he had a Blue Ring Octopus, first thing I did, was make Damn sure he hadn’t escaped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Reefer-begginer
3 hours ago, seabass said:

You can try vinegar too.  Should start to get better in a little more than half an hour.

Is swelling apart of the job with fox face venom?

Share this post


Link to post
Tired

Swelling is part of the job with just about any venom. As long as it stays confined to the immediate area, you're fine. If it starts spreading a ton, shows up anywhere else, or if your mouth and throat start feeling weird, go see a doctor, immediately. Foxface venom normally isn't a major concern, but, like with bees, an allergic reaction is always possible.

 

Sounds like it's time to invest in either some sturdy gloves, or a long-handled glass cleaner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Reefer-begginer

Its just one of those things you don't think about, I've been stung by lionfish and sea urchins they were a cake walk, but foxface was worse oddly enough 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

If you had such a bad reaction, I'd consider finding it a new home. :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Reefer-begginer

It was a simple mistake made by me, although i don't know why he keeps flicking his fans at me ( his top fins )

Share this post


Link to post
Tired

He might find you threatening, or have decided you're some sort of rival. If the ich isn't going away by now, he might be under additional stress from that, which could make him more irritable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Reefer-begginer

There hasn't been any spots appearing on the coral beauty and foxface for about a week now, so either the chloroquine Phosphate actually worked or the ich is hibernating 

Share this post


Link to post
Reefer-begginer
1 minute ago, Tired said:

He might find you threatening, or have decided you're some sort of rival. If the ich isn't going away by now, he might be under additional stress from that, which could make him more irritable. 

I'd think he's more scared as he is skiddish ( like how my eel was, where he would run and hit the glass before he could turn, man those fish can swim fast )

Share this post


Link to post
Reefer-begginer

Update on the sting site, swelling has finally gone down and the numbness is gone.

The vinegar and baking soda trick i read about seemed to work fine and for the pain and possible allergic reactions was non existent ( life threatening allergic reaction ) due to the benadryl i was suggested to use

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...