ReefCleaners.org

Stung by foxface

Reefer-begginer

Reefer-begginer

title says it all, ny 8 inch foxface has finally made a big mistake in stinging me while cleaning off the algae on the glass.

My question as I can't find a surefire answer, is how do you treat a open wound? I heard hot water but want your experience in how to treat this

There was a Dr. in DC, I Fixed his Air Conditioner in his Apartment, when no one else could figure it out. He only wanted me to touch his two AC Units, after that. He gave me keys, so I could come in and service the AC’s. One problem, he had a Blue Ring Octopus, first thing I did, was make Damn sure he hadn’t escaped. 

Reefer-begginer
3 hours ago, seabass said:

You can try vinegar too.  Should start to get better in a little more than half an hour.

Is swelling apart of the job with fox face venom?

Swelling is part of the job with just about any venom. As long as it stays confined to the immediate area, you're fine. If it starts spreading a ton, shows up anywhere else, or if your mouth and throat start feeling weird, go see a doctor, immediately. Foxface venom normally isn't a major concern, but, like with bees, an allergic reaction is always possible.

Sounds like it's time to invest in either some sturdy gloves, or a long-handled glass cleaner.

• Like 2

He might find you threatening, or have decided you're some sort of rival. If the ich isn't going away by now, he might be under additional stress from that, which could make him more irritable. 

Reefer-begginer

There hasn't been any spots appearing on the coral beauty and foxface for about a week now, so either the chloroquine Phosphate actually worked or the ich is hibernating 

Reefer-begginer
1 minute ago, Tired said:

He might find you threatening, or have decided you're some sort of rival. If the ich isn't going away by now, he might be under additional stress from that, which could make him more irritable. 

I'd think he's more scared as he is skiddish ( like how my eel was, where he would run and hit the glass before he could turn, man those fish can swim fast )

Reefer-begginer

Update on the sting site, swelling has finally gone down and the numbness is gone.

The vinegar and baking soda trick i read about seemed to work fine and for the pain and possible allergic reactions was non existent ( life threatening allergic reaction ) due to the benadryl i was suggested to use