Innovative Marine Aquariums

Striped Blennies. I want to hear anecdotes!

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

Striped Blennies at Petco. Some call them poison fang blennies. Others a mix of those two names. But all filed in Meiacanthus grammistes.

I noticed the ones I get at my Petco are from ORA so I'm under the impression that they're easy to care for or at least are well-adapted to captive environments. Obvious things aside, has anyone kept one before and how was that experience? I was thinking of possibly adding one to my 20 gallon long. Is that enough swimming space? The one at work seems to be okay in a 12x12x48 space (eyeballing measurements).

Is there a chance that they'll dislike the presence of a yellow watchman goby?

On 9/7/2020 at 5:24 PM, Diamonds x Pearls said:

Striped Blennies at Petco. Some call them poison fang blennies. Others a mix of those two names. But all filed in Meiacanthus grammistes.

I noticed the ones I get at my Petco are from ORA so I'm under the impression that they're easy to care for or at least are well-adapted to captive environments. Obvious things aside, has anyone kept one before and how was that experience? I was thinking of possibly adding one to my 20 gallon long. Is that enough swimming space? The one at work seems to be okay in a 12x12x48 space (eyeballing measurements).

Is there a chance that they'll dislike the presence of a yellow watchman goby?

They are very peaceful and won't bother anything but easily bullied. A 20g long should be okay for one. They are very active and would be best on more than 1 feeding a day. They sleep in odd positions at times. 

• Thanks 1