SaltCritters.com

3G ReefAdoRe Pico

ReefAdoRe

Hello all!  It has been some time since I was here in my “Biocube - A very Hard Journey” journal.  Though I have been following, and appreciating everyone here, with their knowledge, and communication!  I am beginning, or have begun a new pico tank.  I am still getting logistics down, but I just put water in the tank yesterday.  

I built an aquascape with pieces of reef saver dry rock (10 bucks for 3 large pieces that I broke into smaller), which I will post pics of the process & final product.  

Aquascape - 2lbs. Rock 

Flow - 90 GPH SICCE Micra Pump  158 gph Sicce Micra Plus pump

Heater - Still looking at heaters (but right now, the temp is keeping a steady 79 w/o one)  Hyggar Mini Betta heater 25w 

Lighting - Kessil’s A80 Tuna Blue w/ controller (ordered, soon to be on tank) 

Thanks for visiting ☺️

IMG_5855.jpeg

IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5878.jpeg

62095780562__E10951C5-F2B5-4766-A136-50859416BE5C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Turned the lights on just for the pic. Cycling the tank. 
Day 11 - 0ppm Ammonia 👍🏻😁 (after having 2ppm) 

now into Nitrite and Nitrate - then w/c - consistency in temp and then we’ll be ready to go! 

E44E36AF-C6CA-4481-9FBD-86BFC8C1A69D.jpeg

5DBDF164-D70D-4DB7-A26A-8B8D7FB0665B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Life before reef... 

Pico is cycled and ready to go!  I will be receiving my first corals tomorrow 10/8/2020 (ever in 6 years of “tanking” I can finally call it reefing) ☺️👏🏻

Wanted to share photos - upgraded pump to Sicce Micra Plus 158gph with Innovative Marine Aqua Gadget spin stream cycle for circulation.

9049A901-0E8B-4D77-A810-46CB69DE819D.jpeg

6D22B36D-E2BD-4B22-AF00-5C10B7AA845D.jpeg

7BE700C8-CC30-4D58-BB34-62559CAAC2D2.jpeg

641CAA5C-CB37-40C1-8D83-80490CD20ABB.jpeg

growsomething

Nice rockwork.  It would have been just a mound in the 2nd scape once covered in coral.  This offset will allow some shape to show through after filled in with the goods!

Will this be a softie tank, a zoa garden, lps, or biotope?

• Like 1
On 10/7/2020 at 10:10 PM, growsomething said:

Nice rockwork.  It would have been just a mound in the 2nd scape once covered in coral.  This offset will allow some shape to show through after filled in with the goods!

Will this be a softie tank, a zoa garden, lps, or biotope?

this will be, I think, mixed reef. I got my first corals ever that I’m going to post. 🥰☺️
super excited. 

growsomething

Nice addiction you've got there 😎😄

It's a little hard to see the colors under blue.  I never knew how hard it is to take pics in reef tanks till I started my thread.  It doesn't happen in fw, always shows true in my planted tanks.

What's that chunk of red on the right?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, growsomething said:

It's a little hard to see the colors under blue.  I never knew how hard it is to take pics in reef tanks till I started my thread.  It doesn't happen in fw, always shows true in my planted tanks.

What's that chunk of red on the right?

I believe it’s some kind of cyphastrea... not sure but I compared to the ones at WWC where I got my corals from. 

it’s impossible to take pics! I just bought filters for ly phone to see if that helps 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s amazing! I am super excited.  

• Like 1
On 10/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, growsomething said:

It's a little hard to see the colors under blue.  I never knew how hard it is to take pics in reef tanks till I started my thread. 

So I just received my Orphek  lenses and I already think it makes a huge difference with the filters!  Let me know what you think... 

CD471BB5-6610-441A-8C5A-D18FCEBE7242.jpeg

EF5E9269-B981-4EC3-8B9E-26781CBDDA18.jpeg

3379CC8E-9B88-4893-B0B3-79611C875361.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick little update: 

- Diatom Bloom is currently happening (dosing Microbacter 7 & Clean to counteract) 

Also, I took my corals from WWC out, to dip them in Seachem reef dip, and it seems that loads more pests came off then when using Coral RX Pro dip 🤷🏻‍♂️ - I was actually able to see the different little bugs in the dip container.  

IMG_6187.jpeg

IMG_6274.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, ReefAdoRe said:

Finally got a chance to come check out your build. I dig the rock work. Can’t wait to see your corals grow. Very cool video too. 
Those lens are really cool. Wish I knew about those back when I have my 29 gallon lol. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, fsu1dolfan said:

Finally got a chance to come check out your build. I dig the rock work. Can’t wait to see your corals grow. Very cool video too. 
Those lens are really cool. Wish I knew about those back when I have my 29 gallon lol. 

Omg I cannot wait either. I’m just sitting here like when will they be nice and big!? It’s only been a month since I had them and feel like it’s a year. 
thanks for checking it out! 😉 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...