SaltCritters.com

Anemone Breed??

DSA65PRO

They really look like baby RBTAs, at least that first one. Leave them alone, see what they look like as they grow. If they're pests, you can get rid of them later. If they're bubble tips, yay!

Two weeks ago I put a Superman Digitata Montipora Coral Frag in the tank. I looked at the entire Frag including the plug, with a lighted magnify glass and didn’t see anything extra. Last night I looked at them with just the Blue Lights on. They look just like my three RTBA. Five weeks ago I did a 20% water change, and the tank clouded about 30 minutes after the change. There’s six of them, easier to count under the blue lights. 

1 hour ago, DSA65PRO said:

Two weeks ago I put a Superman Digitata Montipora Coral Frag in the tank. I looked at the entire Frag including the plug, with a lighted magnify glass and didn’t see anything extra. Last night I looked at them with just the Blue Lights on. They look just like my three RTBA. Five weeks ago I did a 20% water change, and the tank clouded about 30 minutes after the change. There’s six of them, easier to count under the blue lights. 

Yeah, that's majanos, not RBTAs! Majanos can also have bubbles on the tips of their tentacles and come in pretty much every color. They can easily take over a tank, but they are really nice looking, so consider tossing a few in a really small pico as a pest tank.

• Like 1

I Hope it’s not Majanos, there’s no Stripe going from the tip of the Tentacles towards the base. Also none of them have moved towards my lights. All have the base buried in a rock. All are the same size. How are Anemones Sexed? Can they change sex?  Do Male and Female exist in the same Anemone? All my Anemones are from the original, they just split in the past. Also there is an argument whether mine are RBTA or Long Tentacle Anemones.   I’ll definitely keep an eye on these.