Lovecoral

Best wave maker for nano

Lovecoral

What is the best circulation pump / wave maker for the fluval evo 13.5g? I tried the CP1 from fluval and it’s blowing sand everywhere 

seemed to calm down when in raised the direction a bit and time passed but it’s grindy and noisy and I think maybe too powerful? The corals seem very happy but I don’t want it kicking up dust all the time 

Leoito

Either a Hydor Koralia Nano 240 or a Sicce Voyager Nano 1000 would work for your tank since they're a bit smaller and in that 200-300 GPH range. I personally use the Sicce Voyager on my own Fluval Evo 13.5, but a Koralia should work just as well if you can find one available for a reasonable price.

mcarroll

Removing the sand is another option....lets you run more flow.  Keep the corals happy!  😃

• Haha 1

Clown79

There are many that will work depending on if you want it controllable or not.

Aqami kps, mp10, tunze turbelle with controller, koralia's, jebao, 

I'm Batman

I use the gyre with only 1 side. Perfect. 

• Like 1

mfield16

I had an Aqami KPS in mine. Loved the pump itself, but connecting to it was a !@#&^.

Nero3 when it comes out would be good.

jservedio
47 minutes ago, I'm Batman said:

I use the gyre with only 1 side. Perfect. 

This is awesome, but absolutely insane! You never know when you'll get the urge to reenact the maelstrom scene from Pirates of the Caribbean in your nano.

• Like 1

I'm Batman

C3A92A5C-3ABD-41B5-8CAA-3AEB3E71B1A1.jpeg

• Like 1

Bella Smith

Yep  me too. I think Hydor Koralia would probably works for your tank. The unit is small, about the size of a large egg. It comes with a magnet for the outside of the tank. 

rough eye

I have a hydor koralia 240. aimed it kind of at the glass to diffuse the flow a little.